Yay I got my pump!

iHs

Insulin pumps are very life changing. Make sure that you can test your bg levels approx. 10 times per day to ensure that the pump delivers insulin as it should and will enable you to change the settings correctly..

Also try to get a copy of Pumping Insulin or TLAP as these will help you get used to a pump.

Eventually, you will need to do some basal testing but wait until the weather temperatures become more even as hot and cold weather means less or more insulin for most diabetics.

Although you wont have to do daily injections anymore, do remember that pumps can fail at times, so do carry an insulin pen in your bag or have a disposable syringe so that if need be, your bg can be sorted using a pen or syringe... Also have some spare infusion sets with tubes stored at work...

Other than that hope you enjoy the experience of using a pump :wave:

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nice one :) good advice already. The most important thing to do on a pump as previous said is to make sure the basal is 100% correct. Do basal tests for every hire of the day by doing the fasts, not on the same day of course. The nightmare one to do is the hourly checks through the night. Good luck with it, I also love the no more daily injections :)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app