Yeah me!!! (but advice requested)

sallylondon

Results back from first test since finding you guys:

Energy levels - gone from sitting in a chair with no energy at all to bouncing around the house a very happy bean!

Weight was around 15 stone now 13stone 3 lbs :lol:

This is great: :D :lol: :thumbup:
3/4/12 HbA1c was 65/8.1% now 42/6.0

This is confusing to me. Although the numbers are up I think it is better than before???: :roll:
15/7 Serum cholesterol 2.7 now 3.6
Serum triglycerides 1.88 now 1.32
HDL .97 now 1.67
LDL .88 now 1.34

This is worrying (I think): :***:
8/11 serum sodium was 140 now 141 (fine)
serum potassium was 4.8 now 4.5 (fine)
serum creatinine was 77 now 87[/b] when it should be between 45-84
GFR calculated abbreviated MDRD 68 now 59 should be between 70-130

So, regarding the last two (serum creatinine / GFR calculated abbreviated MDRD)
1) Can the cutting out of most starchy carbs cause this?
2) Can weight loss affect this?
3) Could my medications (Glucophage 2500mg/ Atorvastatin 20mg/ Ramipril (10mg) / Amlodopine (5mg) affect those results? I am thinking I am on too much now.

Any and all advice gratefully received as I can not get in to see my preferred doctor for a month (conflicting holidays) and I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in the nurse.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Sally

The serum creatinine result and GFR result may be indicative of some kidney damage so your kidneys are not operating as well as they should do. You should see your GP about that. Is your blood pressure well controlled? The ramipril, as an ACE inhibitor, should help protect your kidneys. I do not know whether any of the other medications would cause kidney problems.

All your other results look good to me

Take care

Doug

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Your post has given me hope ... I thought it was just me sitting in chair with no energy. I'm still at that stage and it's getting me down.

How long has it taken you to move from ... sitting in chair with no energy to bouncing around the house a very happy bean?

sallylondon

Thanks Osidge. My blood pressure is controllled and within the guidelines. Those results always seem to bounce back and forth between normal and abnormal. I am not good about remembering to drink water (or anything) and I will cut out my (very few) glasses of red wine a week :thumbdown: I will try to sort that out and go and see my doctor when she comes back.

GraceK - 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!! only - my family can not believe the difference in me. After years and years of following what I was told to do I rebelled and the results are fantastic (apart from the little problem above.) Keep your chin up and everything will change although it will seeem like it is changing slowly at the time. Keep me posted on how you are doing.