Yellowing of skin around eyes and mouth

Felly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all

It was pointed out to me recently that my skin around my eyes was yellow. I looked yet by the evening it had cleared up. I've since noticed that it keeps going yellow, but not staying that way and only in an afternoon. The only other symptom I seem to have from this is fatigue. My BG is normal at these times. I was wondering if this is something someone else has suffered from and hoping people could give me advice as to the underlying cause.

TIA

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all

It was pointed out to me recently that my skin around my eyes was yellow. I looked yet by the evening it had cleared up. I've since noticed that it keeps going yellow, but not staying that way and only in an afternoon. The only other symptom I seem to have from this is fatigue. My BG is normal at these times. I was wondering if this is something someone else has suffered from and hoping people could give me advice as to the underlying cause.

TIA
I'd be going to your GP if your skin is changing colour... Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: dbr10

Felly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have booked an appointment to see the GP. I just wondered if anyone here had suffered from this before and whether it was related to my diabetes or not.

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yellow skin is normally a sign of jaundice... Are your eye whites changing at all?....

Felly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yellow skin is normally a sign of jaundice... Are your eye whites changing at all?....
Google told me that too. I've been keeping an eye on the colour of my eyes, and other than usual bloodshot I haven't noticed a change. It just seems to be the skin around the eyes. I had it earlier on this aft and felt really tired yet it's gone now and I feel fine again. The only other thing that I can think of that could possibly affect it is Citalopram that I'm taking. Apparently, according to doctor google, 0.3% of people taking the drug have ended up with jaundice as it's interfered with there liver function. It's a small chance but still possible. It's something I'll be bringing up with my GP. I'm guessing from the responses I've got so far on here that it's not related to my diabetes.

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Google told me that too. I've been keeping an eye on the colour of my eyes, and other than usual bloodshot I haven't noticed a change. It just seems to be the skin around the eyes. I had it earlier on this aft and felt really tired yet it's gone now and I feel fine again. The only other thing that I can think of that could possibly affect it is Citalopram that I'm taking. Apparently, according to doctor google, 0.3% of people taking the drug have ended up with jaundice as it's interfered with there liver function. It's a small chance but still possible. It's something I'll be bringing up with my GP. I'm guessing from the responses I've got so far on here that it's not related to my diabetes.
Highly unlikely, jaundice is normally associated with liver or pancreas, both incidentally control glucose metabolism but jaundice is not normally associated with diabetes.

Unusual that's its under eyes too, keep an eye around belly button and flank for changes too.

tamnguyen

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Felly, I have the same symptom with you. The skin around my eyes turn to yellow. I hope that I can find the reason from you. Hope you know that. Thank you.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Felly, I have the same symptom with you. The skin around my eyes turn to yellow. I hope that I can find the reason from you. Hope you know that. Thank you.
I became jaundiced when my gall bladder failed. Seemingly bilirubin was the culprit.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi @tamnguyen and welcome to the forum.

You’ve posted on an old thread and may not get any helpful responses. It’d be better to start a new thread of your own. It would also be helpful if you could complete your profile to indicate what type of diabetes you have as that will help others tailor their advice.