yet another question guys

stevie2065

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi guys, i dont eat after 6 pm as im trying to get some weight off, when im going to bed at around 12pm my blood sugar reading is always between 4.2 and 4.7 but first thing in the mornings at around 8am its usually 6.5, can anyone tell me why my bs rises when i havent ate from tea time? i thought it would be the other way round and drop, not rise!!, regards stephen

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Your body prepares for the day by giving you extra glucose for whatever you do when you get up the liver natrually produces the extra and it is called dawn phenonemon.

It can happen as well during the day during and after strenuous exercise, that is called a liver dump.

Hope this helps, there have been threads about this, use the search function, to read these

Reactions: 2 people

stevie2065

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your body prepares for the day by giving you extra glucose for whatever you do when you get up the liver natrually produces the extra and it is called dawn phenonemon.

It can happen as well during the day during and after strenuous exercise, that is called a liver dump.

Hope this helps, there have been threads about this, use the search function, to read these
cheers Nosher, i appreciate the quick reply

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
No probs Steve, glad I could help.
Do have a read around, I have learnt so much. And there are some really great people on here with the experience and the confusion of what diabetes can do to you.
Keep asking, keep posting. Join in!
cheers Nosher, i appreciate the quick reply