Type 1 Yoga benefits ??

sonaarora

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey guys i got diagnosed this july and since then have been hearing that yoga can help in the regrowth of the damaged beta cells in the pancreas , and people have come off their tablets or insulin because of it anyone who's into yoga ??

Dazza1984

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys i got diagnosed this july and since then have been hearing that yoga can help in the regrowth of the damaged beta cells in the pancreas , and people have come off their tablets or insulin because of it anyone who's into yoga ??

Unfortunately there is no sound scientific evidence to back this up. However, yoga/meditation and other such alternative therapies are not entirely useless. There is no known mechanism to 're-grow' beta cells; even if there was they would be destroyed by the WBCs; as in Type1 diabetes.

Variations in stress patterns can alter levels of WBCs so maybe a helpful effect in that way. If nothing else it'll likely make you feel better (placebo affect)

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Don't always believe in what you hear or read, but I'm sure Yoga will bring many other health benefits as any form of exercise does.

Reactions: 3 people