Yoghurt ???

Nic51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Now i likes yoghurts but was totally mystified today in tesco which one to buy as they all seem high in sugar i would prefer a flavoured one so help please

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Onken Biopot yoghurt is really nice and low in carbs at 3.8g per 100g serving, for sweetness throw some berries in.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Go for the ones with high fat and put the flavour in yourself.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Alpro, with your own fruit in.
I have a bag of frozen berries, I just microwave a few and chuck then in.
Fage is allegedly good as well, either 0% or high fat. No sugar in either.

I used to eat Mulller Light, the fruit stuff is nice, and not full of sugar, but obviously there are some carbs from the fruit.

Nic51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
as i said need the flavoured ones i dont have a freezer and a small fridge so need individual pots ideally

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Mullerlight is about 12g per pot, which is fairly low if you include the fruit in that.

Nic51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
so mullerlights would be ok? i used to eat those years ago when on the slimming world diet, now need stuff thats for life x

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
so mullerlights would be ok? i used to eat those years ago when on the slimming world diet, now need stuff thats for life x

I can't say they're ok for you.
The carbs are ok for me, and/but (depending on your view) they're low fat.

You can only try, and check you bs after.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If the choice is between your fridge and your bg I would most certainly choose bg. So high fat yoghurt and add the berries in myself to control sugars intake.

Nic51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
totto sometimes space is a issue living aboard a narrowboat with type 2 has is issues as does not driving just asking for what people eat.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
If the choice is between your fridge and your bg I would most certainly choose bg. So high fat yoghurt and add the berries in myself to control sugars intake.

There's about 2 or 3g of carbs more in a Muller Light than a pot of fage classic and a handful of blueberries.
You'd have to eat a lot of pots in the day to make a great impact.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
totto sometimes space is a issue living aboard a narrowboat with type 2 has is issues as does not driving just asking for what people eat.
I eat full fat yoghurt and add berries on special occasions. I get the 500 gram organic Greek 10%fat or if I can find them, organic Russian 17 % fat,both plain yoghurt and add berries if I feel I need them, but mostly I add nuts.