You are going to think I'm mad but the strangest thing

Claire007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok, so do bear with me :yuck:
So you know on the Insight when the pump does the self test? The screen changes colour blue/green/red following a set change?
Well today, I'm at work, logging onto a shared computer (we share this particular one as we co deliver presentations from a training room) when the monitor starts going mad, flashing from blue/green/red, exactly the same as my pump! This has now happened to me 3 times and has never happened to any of the other trainers who use the room!
Is my pump interfering with the monitor? Or is the computer on its way out?
Am I on my way out????? It was very odd.
Thoughts?

Reactions: Freema and Snapsy

Claire007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And sorry but I'm going to bed now to rest my weary head, will check back in the morning to see what the verdict is.

Reactions: Freema

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
So you know on the Insight when the pump does the self test? The screen changes colour blue/green/red following a set change?
Well today, I'm at work, logging onto a shared computer (we share this particular one as we co deliver presentations from a training room) when the monitor starts going mad, flashing from blue/green/red, exactly the same as my pump! This has now happened to me 3 times and has never happened to any of the other trainers who use the room!
Thoughts?
That is rather odd. Best to get it checked out, may be signal interference, or just coincidence. Don't leave it to chance.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thoughts?

Sorry Claire, I'm not a pumper, never mind that model, but does the pump use Bluetooth or NFC going on? In other words, does your pump connect to anything "wirelessly", I'm sort of wondering if your pump and the room's laptop are trying to communicate in some way.

Of course, I could be so far off the mark it gives everyone a good chuckle, but I'll cope. :)

Reactions: Freema and Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Blimey @Claire007 that does sound weird! Presumably your pump doesn't misbehave at the same time (I do hope not!). How spooky!

Might be worth a call to Roche customer services to be on the safe side. I've not had any kind of interference issues with my own Insight, but then I do live a fairly low-tech existence....!

But gosh, how interesting!

:)

PS Re your thread title, you don't have to be mad to hang out here, but it helps! ;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am still on mdi, so can't help with the pump problem, but I hope you can get it sorted out soon @Claire007 :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Claire007 - please don't make any changes to your pump, but it would be interesting to investigate if the room laptop has Bluetooth, and whether it is switched on. It might be used for something like laser pointing devices or the like. However , if you were able to try that, im wondering if that isn't implicated in some way.

As I say I am not a pumper, so I'm trying to look at it just from an IT logic perspective.

Fingers crossed.

Claire007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I do use a clicker thingy to move the PowerPoint presentation along, wonder if it's that? It works remotely from a 'thing' I stick in the USB port. <<<< My technical lingo would get me a grade F.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I think @AndBreathe has got it: bluetooth devices mess with each other in unpredictable ways.

On the other hand, maybe the North Koreans are hacking you, or maybe Steven Spielberg was onto something: does your pump and/or computer go, "bing, bing, bing, bing...bing", and have you recently built one of these in your living room?

closeencounters4.jpg

Just raking, claire, just raking!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Speak to Accuchek?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do use a clicker thingy to move the PowerPoint presentation along, wonder if it's that? It works remotely from a 'thing' I stick in the USB port. <<<< My technical lingo would get me a grade F.

Claire, my take would be the USB gizmo is "finding" your pump, instead of the clicker, and communicating with it. I bet if you tried a wired mouse (I know "so last century") the interference wouldn't happen. If it did, it would be worth checking the laptop itself doesn't have built in Bluetooth making the connection.

If this phenomenon is interfering with the presentations you give, you might need to consider a different way of "clicking".

Claire007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think @AndBreathe has got it: bluetooth devices mess with each other in unpredictable ways.

On the other hand, maybe the North Koreans are hacking you, or maybe Steven Spielberg was onto something: does your pump and/or computer go, "bing, bing, bing, bing...bing", and have you recently built one of these in your living room?

View attachment 23005

Just raking, claire, just raking!
That's it!