Young and Diabetic. I need help?

Hey, so I found this website whilst I was looking for a few tips on how to keep my blood sugar under control and as i'm quite new to this disease I need some help from a few people :)

So I'm a 16 year old female
I've been diagnosed with T2 since March 2012
At my diagnosis, my HbA1c was 11.8% (105mmol) and last month it was 9.2% (77mmol)
I've lost 8kg since September. I was 92kg. Now I'm 84kg.

I take Metformin (Glucophage SR 1000mg) twice a day

My diet can vary from day to day but most of the time it consists of:
For breakfast -
Toast with cottage cheese, chutney or meat slices/Fruit salad/Toast and tea/Omlette/Belvita/Porridge/Cereal

For lunch -
Chicken Tikka sandwich/Tuna & Sweetcorn sandwich/Chicken mayonnaise sandwich (brown bread)
Crisps/Fruit/Biscuit
Low calorie drink

For dinner -
Pulses/Indian Curry/Fish 'n' Chips (bad I know)/Cereal/Fruit salad
Milk/Water/Pure fruit juice

I think I do quite a bit of exercise (or I used to! Cause I've been preparing for my exams last couple of months)

It takes 20 minutes to walk to school and I've always walked to school and back. Sometimes I go for fresh air in breaks between my revision (but I've almost finished my exams so have more time) for about 15-30 minutes

I used to wake up early to do some exercise every day either to do a cycle ride, run/jog or some yoga but haven't been able to do that in recent months because of exams :p

I also do 2-3 hours of extra exercise either doing some sort of sport or active exercise. I used to go to physiotherapy but again, I haven't been able to do that recently because of exams. I'm going to be resuming to my physiotherapy session in July which are 30 mins once a week.

At the beginning of my journey - when I was first diagnosed, I was quite optimistic about getting my sugars under control and I took every step and day in my stride but nowadays, I get stressed easily and I mostly find myself sad and crying in my bedroom, blaming myself for everything and I don't feel strong anymore. I mean I've been through quite a lot my whole life through other health conditions and problems as well as in terms of socially. I'm no longer the person I thought I was - I was a very happy, bubbly person with a strong personality but its quite difficult to explain myself. I just hope I can get through this phase and be able to live as close to a normal life as I was a few years ago :)

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
hi. i was diagnosed with type 2 over 2 yrs ago i was 55 at the time.
it does not matter if you have a good cry or not as it gets it out of your system.
are you sure you are not suffering depression because it can sometimes go in hand with diabetes.
i suffer depression and what you are doing sounded like me, it can be a shock to the system when we have this illness & it can take some getting used to.
my sugars were under control but for no reason they have gone haywire & put on more medication but you do deal with it honestly.
eat sensible test your sugars keep a written book of what you eat & this forum is a good pick me up with friendly people on here,jokes on here,ect ect.
i would go & have a word with your gp or diabetic nurse.
i hope this helps you .

The thing is, I'm quite scared and nervous to actually tell my parents about all these feelings I've been having :(
Do you think I should just visit my GP and tell them I want to book an appointment regarding a problem that could be related to depression? x

Thank you for helping me :)