your advice needed please?

mummy

Hi,
I have been very worried about my daughter over the past few weeks,
She has always had problems from day one, but recently they have become worse.

When she was born she was taken into hospital because she was ill.
at first they thought it was meningitis but ruled that out then they thought it could be Cystic Fibrosis she has had sweat tests done and one result came back borderline (the doctor is confident it's not and it was a low borderline result)

She has had lots of trips to A&E for not breathing properly (faster or slower than normal) the last time this happened was October last year.

Her weight is steady at the moment and the health visitors are happy with her weight.

Recently she has had a lot of symptoms they made me think this could be diabetes?

drinking alot (Saturday night she drank nearly 3 pints of water) it's not normally this much but not far off, weeing alot, sleeping alot (sometimes 4/5 hours a day even if she had a normal nights sleep) pins and needles in her feet (could be cramp not sure as she's too young to explain properly) she also sweats alot in the night.

because I was worried about this I took her to my GP who done a blood sugar test and it came back at 3.4 he told me it was quite low but she hasn't got diabetes?

I spoke to a friend of mine who’s daughter has diabetes and she borrowed me a meter and I have been testing her at home my self.

I do get normal levels but I also get high levels too, normally about an hour 2 two hours after eating it can range from anything 7.7 and had been as high as 20.5 although this is not always the case sometimes after eating her levels can be normal.

I spoke to my doctor about this and he said that I must be doing the test wrong? (I have been making sure her hands are clean ect before testing) he also said that she has behavioural problems that’s why she is drinking alot and there for that’s why she’s weeing alot (I have never herd anything like this before/ I know I would say this about my own daughter but she is the most kindest loving child I have even known? I have 4 children and they are not all angles. But I do not for one second believes this is because she is naughty?) Also I forgot to mention she has always had diarrhoea I know this is not one of the symptoms but thought I should mention it. If this is not diabetes then what could this be? I am so frustrated right now and need to put an end to all of this he is refusing to do tests on my daughter and I am not sure what to do next? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Kindest regard
:|

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trust your motherly instincts. Something is telling you something is not quite right so go and see another GP. If no-one listens, go to your nearest ED.

It's highly likely nothing is wrong at all but you need that reassurance and diagnosis.

wiflib

mummy

wiflib said:
Trust your motherly instincts. Something is telling you something is not quite right so go and see another GP. If no-one listens, go to your nearest ED.

It's highly likely nothing is wrong at all but you need that reassurance and diagnosis.

wiflib

Hi have been trying for ages now :( but with no luck i did got to A&E but her numbers were low at the time so there was nothing they could do?

i keep telling my self that nothing's wrong but then i get the high numbers again and i then convice my self it is Diabetes :x

i really just need to put an end to this i have had alot of helpfull advice from another sight, but i suppose i just want somone to tell me everything is fine and this is normal but there's no way anyone can with out the tests and thats all i want :( xxx

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya mummy,
thats great,let us know how u and your darling get on plz :D

Trinkwasser

mummy said:
I do get normal levels but I also get high levels too, normally about an hour 2 two hours after eating it can range from anything 7.7 and had been as high as 20.5 although this is not always the case sometimes after eating her levels can be normal.

Take the meter with you to your new doctor (that's a hint!) this sounds horribly like me when I was a child. Unfortunately it was written off as psychiatric in origin. BE VERY CAREFUL in case you get diagnosed with Munchausen's By Proxy, that's why I suggest taking the actual meter so they can see the actual readings.

Check out Reactive Hypoglycemia, it is an early stage in some forms of Type 2, most of the RHs I know can recall symptoms going back to childhood which were similarly written off.

Unfortunately one source of information says this must not be diagnosed in the absence of genuinely low hypo readings and a psychiatric disorder should be diagnosed instead - when the "psychiatric" symptoms are a response to the rapid BG drops rather than the actual lows.

Treatment is to restrict carb input to eliminate the highs much as in "actual" Type 2 - which it will probably turn into later if untreated.