1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Your cases/bags

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by L3wisr, Jun 17, 2015.

1. L3wisr

L3wisr Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Anyone got any pictures of the cases they're using for all their diabetic gizmos?
    I'm currently looking to buy a new one rather than sticking with the original (boring) grey one.

2. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi L3wisr,
    How much 'stuff' are you carrying around? I got a simple black pencil case from W H Smiths for a fiver, of course it's not insulated or anything but as I work in an air conditioned office my insulin stays fairly cool anyway. Now the weather is warmer I'm also using the Frio as a precaution if I think I'll be carrying it with me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. adamslug007

adamslug007 Type 1 · Newbie

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eastpak-Unisex-Adult-Rusher-Bag/dp/B0065J36PQ

I use one of these, fits my meter zip bag, pens, choc, sweets, book, wallet, phone. Its not the biggest bag, but i can carry all my essentials. Loads of colours to chose. Its not insulated or cooled, but as long as its not directly in the sun then can't see there being a problem using any bag.

4. Nicola M

Nicola M Type 1 · Well-Known Member

This is the one I use. Brought it from WHSmith. It has 3 different compartments, I can fit all the essentials I need in there. (Meter, Insulin pen, Needles, Extra test strips) I chose it because it looked prettier than my plain black one :)

owls.jpg

5. L3wisr

L3wisr Type 1 · Well-Known Member

6. JRW

JRW Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I rock a manbag for laptop & diabetes stuff, if going light just carry the meter, strips, pricker, and one in jacket pocket. If just out with mates for food & beers I just carry a novorapid pen, and some gluco tabs. Definitely an annoying aspect having to carry all the stuff around.

7. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Who needs a bag when one has a wife (who has blinking loads of 'hand'bags!)

8. AndyS

AndyS Type 1 · Well-Known Member

No bag just make sure I buy trousers with large thigh pockets, seems to work for me :)

9. HaroldC

HaroldC · Well-Known Member

Waistcoats - wonderful things as they've got lots of little pockets. One for blood glucose meter, one for lancet/strips, one for Dexcom CGM, one for a pump, and room for an extra cartridge of insulin, memory sticks & a pocket-watch (last 2 not for diabetes) ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook