Your Favorite Vitamin C, and fermented foods?

Auto E

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been fiddling with my diet quite a bit as I 'eat to the meter'. I thought I might list a few of my winner foods and ask for some suggestions from this wise and experienced group.

I'm eating liver once a week - basically a superfood.
eggs - ditto, superfood, I'm eating them almost everyday now.
Steak, chicken drumsticks, ham, fish - all of these - winners for me for all kinds of nutrients.
Nuts - vitamin E, magnesium
Salads w/olive oil & vinegar and cheese
coffee w/cream is a staple
bone broth and pickles help meet my salt needs

But Vitamin C and fermented foods are a bit trickier -
Vitamin C - Salad greens, (a very few) berries, broccoli. Any other suggestions that are your go-to for Vitamin C that are low carb?
Fermented foods - I was having 2.25cups of high-fat yogurt daily, but I've had to reduce due to it making my blood glucose go higher than I'd like to. So I'm keeping 1 cup of it, but having trouble forcing myself to eat kimchi and saurkraut. Any suggestions for learning to like these other fermented foods? :) I just need a pep talk.

While you are at it, if there is a particular meal that is a favorite nutritious go-to, please let me know. I'd like to expand my meal variety but I HATE cooking. So my meals are simple, simple, simple.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A bit of red capsicum has a bit of vitamin C, I sometimes use it in a omelette. Dill pickles as a fermented food are great. Also apparently olives are a fermented food, I like Kalamata olives with tuna in spring water, provides a bit of fat for a nice lunch salad.

MetabolicJim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jarlsberg cheese involves some fermentation. I’ve switched to it because it’s supposed to have vitamin K2. I also supplement with K2 sometimes anyway.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stinky cheeses (delicious!) have plenty of vit K2 if that is what you are after? Jaalsberg (as mentioned above) is delicious, but googling will reveal a good few more.
Also natto.

i don’t consider fermented foods a dietary necessity, but if you do, go for it. Some carnivores include the good quality dried/fermented sausages such as chorizo for that reason.

as for vit C, there is a lot of debate on the subject. The developing understanding is that vit C needs plummet in the absence of carbs, and what little is required can be easily supplied by liver, berries (strawberries, cherries, etc), peppers and chillies.

Purely carnivorous humans have shown nil vit c deficiency after years. Whereas high carb diets require significant vit c intake.