YOUR THOUGHTS

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am just going through the tests at the quacks to check sugar levels ,but in the meantime i have purchased a meter to aid the doc if i can,my wife being a nurse has said the more info available the better at the monment after a few days testing i am getting 7mmol in the morning after about 10-12 hours no food and get into the 8s and low nines after an hour after food .......thoughts please?

richard

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I am just going through the tests at the quacks to check sugar levels ,but in the meantime i have purchased a meter to aid the doc if i can,my wife being a nurse has said the more info available the better at the monment after a few days testing i am getting 7mmol in the morning after about 10-12 hours no food and get into the 8s and low nines after an hour after food .......thoughts please?

richard
Hmm not too high a rise after food, what did you eat, a rise of 2 mmol is considered ok true normal is 4.4 to 5.8.

Lazybones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The 7.0 mmol/L plasma fasting result that you are recording for the previous night is not a good sign and would indicate hat you are in the upper pre-diabetic stage and on the one reading have reached the criteria for becoming accepted as a FULL diabetic. They normally need TWO such reading on consecutive days or a HbA1c to back this up.
Obviously none of us on this site can say one way or another as the Information that you have provided is somewhat limited and is actually something that only your medical practitioner can confirm. Ultimately it will be the result from either your Fasting Blood Test Results and/or from the HbA1c test that will decide bearing in mind that these days they can diagnose diabetes from just the single HbA1c Blood test result.
I hope the end result is in your favour, please let us all know either way how you get on.