Zipper Club

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you a member of the Zipper Club ? If you are it would be great to hear from you.
Could you share experience and any advice for others looking forward to joining the Zipper Club.

I had my heart bypass op some 23 years ago .. It was before I became diabetic.. But the operation is still as traumatic .. After my long and completed operation that went slightly wrong ( don't ask ! ) I found it changed my life .. Completely.. My emotions and outlook were shifted from happy go lucky to moody and worried. This may have something to do with being in a coma for the first three days of my recovery !
So to cut a long story short I am alive ..a fully paid up member of the Zipper Club and now with T2 diabetes.

What's your experience of your bypass op.

denbo

Ad my bypass in 2009 I'm a diabetic on insulin ad my ups and downs as ya do but appart from them I'm doin well

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @denbo , welcome to the zipper club .. was you diabetic before your bypass ?

denbo

Hi @denbo , welcome to the zipper club .. was you diabetic before your bypass ?
Yes I became diabetic in 2002 type 2 then ad to go on insulin 2008 ad a heart attack oct 2008 list my hgv with Avin to go in insulin then the law changed and got my hgv bk in 2011 and av to apply for it every 12mths gp consultants and av to get passed by the DVLA independant consultant it's a long haul and the 12 mths soon cums round