What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Peanuts are carby so I treat them with caution but they are rich in good fats I believe.

I mearly take 300 or 400 grams of dry roated peanuts place in blender, blend for a couple of minuts then add a smaal amount of olive oil and then continue blending until they are of the right consistency for your taste and turn out into a container.. Sometimes I add sweetener rather than honey.

I do not add salt because I prefer not to.

2 cups (300 grams) unsalted shelled peanuts

1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1 to 2 teaspoons honey

1 to 3 teaspoons peanut or vegetable oil, if needed

• If you are making crunchy peanut butter, add 1/3 cup of the roasted peanuts to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 6 to 8 times, or until the peanuts are chopped into very small pieces. Transfer chopped peanuts to a bowl and reserve for later.

Add the roasted peanuts to the bowl of a food processor. Process 1 minute then scrape sides of bowl with a rubber spatula. Process another 2 to 3 minutes until the peanut butter is shiny and smooth. Add your desired amount of salt and honey then process until combined. For crunchy peanut butter then just stir in the reserved chopped nuts.

http://www.inspiredtaste.net/21318/how-to-make-peanut-butter-three-ways/

Thank you very much for your wonderful recipe!

I’d like to share this with you too -

Reactions: Prem51

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My bg at 7:00am- 8.6 I blame Darth Vader and the popcorn. Now at 9:30am, 5.3.
My meter is showing a 14 day average of 5.8 and a 90 day average of 6.2
I feel very dehydrated and need to drink more water. 60oz/day minimum isn’t near enough.
Finally warmed up to a balmy-9°c today, far cry from yesterday’s -30°c. Of course yesterday was the day I had to switch my tires around. Go figure.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Trust me that film was enough to raise anyone’s bg

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Usually when I get a cold it goes to bronchitis every time this time however I seem to have gone straight to bronchitis without the intervening cold.
@JohnEGreen I had the cold 2 weeks before I got the bronchitis and I'm the same has you if I get a cold it develops into a chest infection,I've had pleurisy,pneumonia,bronchitis over the years,most of these started when I began working in NHS so many bugs going around very unhealthy place to work! K

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Lol bs was 3.9...temp outside not sure but very hard frost...in suffolk
@james11 With the temperature being so low I thought you must at least live in Scotland,always thought of southern England has being warmer than in the North, wet and miserable here! K

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@JohnEGreen I had the cold 2 weeks before I got the bronchitis and I'm the same has you if I get a cold it develops into a chest infection,I've had pleurisy,pneumonia,bronchitis over the years,most of these started when I began working in NHS so many bugs going around very unhealthy place to work! K

You should try wrking in a pharmacy.!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You should try wrking in a pharmacy.!
@Ymdawd i can imagine it being just has bad, I worked for theatres so no windows to open and circulated air so if someone came in with a cold or cough I always got it but worse than the original person who brought it in! Typical don't you agree! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Same same first bout of pneumonia when about three or for years old then as least twice a year till we left Liverpool and went to Devon to live on doctors advice. Still get the chest infections but nothing like it was then.
Hi John I never had chest infections until in my late 40s never smoked either but my father was exactly the same and he only started later in life with them, even when he worked down the mines he never was ill with his chest,now mother smoked like a trouper and never had a chest infection you can't work it out can you? But you where very young when you started with them and at least your parents where able to move to Devon to help you,that was no easy move I'll bet! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
good morning all :)

4.2 today

taking mum shopping today so may have lunch out ;) have a good day everyone.
Hi gleeful enjoy your day out with your mum and your lunch too, I've been through the door twice this week shopping for Christmas thank goodness the bronchitis seems to be on it's way out,so it looks like Christmas dinner will be saved thank goodness! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
3.8 @ 06.50
Hi MBaker note you only post your BG numbers, we can chat and interact with each other on this thread and often do it makes it a more interesting and interactive friendly thread. Just thought I would let you know then it's upto yourself if you would like to join in! K Have a great day, and wishing you a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi@Sobo82 how's the BG today and what other snacks have you tried since Friday, I have to admit I've been good since Saturday but it's nice once in a while. Take care and enjoy your day! K