What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still fighting this virus, feels like it's got the upper hand at present as coughing for England. Interestingly it doesn't seem to be having a marked effect on FBG. Although that might be because of the medicinal alcohol I had last night. Had a disturbed sleep, got up at 03:33, tested and FBG were 5.0, had a cup of hot water and watched tv awhile before going back to bed. Got up again at 7:15 and tested; bloods 5.4.

Anyone know of a good, safe, non alcoholic cough remedy that won't impact bloods?

Reactions: philchap1

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Still fighting this virus, feels like it's got the upper hand at present as coughing for England. Interestingly it doesn't seem to be having a marked effect on FBG. Although that might be because of the medicinal alcohol I had last night. Had a disturbed sleep, got up at 03:33, tested and FBG were 5.0, had a cup of hot water and watched tv awhile before going back to bed. Got up again at 7:15 and tested; bloods 5.4.

Anyone know of a good, safe, non alcoholic cough remedy that won't impact bloods?
Get well soon

Reactions: Ryhia

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Ryhia to ease cough I make golden milk, using turmeric and ginger, a teaspoon of each,( dried is just as good as the fresh roots) a pinch of black pepper, a teaspoon of coconut oil, in a cup of warm unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk. Very soothing. Also do steam inhalation with eucalyptus oil before going to bed.
Hope you feelbetter soon.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Ryhia to ease cough I make golden milk, using turmeric and ginger, a teaspoon of each,( dried is just as good as the fresh roots) a pinch of black pepper, a teaspoon of coconut oil, in a cup of warm unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk. Very soothing. Also do steam inhalation with eucalyptus oil before going to bed.
Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks - you have mentioned Golden Milk previously I just couldn't remember what it was called, I will certainly give this recipe a go.

Hope you have got over your recent bout of sickness and that you managed to avoid the steroids.

Thanks again, C.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1577966347533.jpg