What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, 5.4 at waking up. Don’t know about anyone else but my levels drop in the morning once I start moving about
Most type 2s and prediabetics find that their BG readings rise once they start to move around, taking a shower, feeding pets etc. Perhaps the type 1s on this thread can provide you with more insight.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Oops forgot to post! 6.5 @ 8am I was surprised it was that good as mother in law brought scampi and chips yesterday! Damage limitation I only had 4 chips.

Hope you’ve had a sunny Sunday :cool:
Just goes to show there is no rhyme or reason with diabetes lol

erikame

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Didn't take my blood yesterday but today it was 7.0 at 4am. But I have a very bad and painful back so not surprised. Have a nice day folks. :)
Honestly, I have problems with the cervical vertebra. Yesterday was a busy day. That moment when I finished washing the dishes and thought about how nice it would be to throw my legs up on the table and lean back on a chair))) Result: in the morning I somehow raised my right arm

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Honestly, I have problems with the cervical vertebra. Yesterday was a busy day. That moment when I finished washing the dishes and thought about how nice it would be to throw my legs up on the table and lean back on a chair))) Result: in the morning I somehow raised my right arm
How are you now|? I too, have cervical spine issues If I stress my neck, I find a day or two of rest usually helps settle things down. I hope it is the same for you.

Grandma Misti

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
An astonishing 5.0 this morning!

One month in on keto and I am seeing numbers like I hadn't seen in decades on lazy LC. Unfortunately, I know from experience that extended keto causes me thyroid issues, so as per Dr. Wahls, I will be alternating keto with LC, though I don't think my thyroid would tolerate seasonal switching, so I will alternate months. I'm loving these numbers! I think that will keep the experiment going when it would be easier to relax. :p (I actually had a reading in the 4s this week!)