What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.3 mmol this morning and a small reduction on yesterday's 8.9 and I'm kicking myself for over indulging at tea time yesterday, or it might have come in even lower.
I've only just taken my morning meds..... Almost missed them, as I thought I'd taken them earlier, but hadn't
.... Wonder if this is Diabetic brain fog?
I usually take meds upon waking , so I don't miss them, but for whatever reason it never happened this morning....

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot to post yesterdays which was 7.9mmols and this mornings is 9.0!
It seems to have been a week of sabotage so we’ll quickly pull a veil over it and move on :rolleyes:
It is now out of my system (hopefully). It’s true what they say, sugar being like crack cocaine and the best way to tackle it is to eradicate it completely. I’m making a promise to this group that my numbers will be better from now on. I have to be accountable.

Have a lovely sunny Sunday everyone

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.3 mmol this morning and a small reduction on yesterday's 8.9 and I'm kicking myself for over indulging at tea time yesterday, or it might have come in even lower.
I've only just taken my morning meds..... Almost missed them, as I thought I'd taken them earlier, but hadn't
.... Wonder if this is Diabetic brain fog?
I usually take meds upon waking , so I don't miss them, but for whatever reason it never happened this morning....
Your numbers are coming down amazingly so don't be so hard on yourself . What meds are u on because if it's the good old ( cheap ) standby metformin , it should be taken either with meals or just after .

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.5 which is more like it! Got up an hour early because my body clock said so. @RoughcutAU good to see you fighting back @Ashybang and @RosemaryJackson slow & steady and any illness will affect BG @MissMuffett we’ve all been there or at least I have @Ladynijo good news about the feline.
Happy Sunday everybody.

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your numbers are coming down amazingly so don't be so hard on yourself . What meds are u on because if it's the good old ( cheap ) standby metformin , it should be taken either with meals or just after .
Yes I'm on Metformin..,....it gets tricky taking meds with or after food. Often I skip breakfast.....

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I'm on Metformin..,....it gets tricky taking meds with or after food. Often I skip breakfast.....
You're making steady progress. While FBG numbers may rise every once in a while, (especially following sleep disurbances), one indifferent reading doesn't matter. A week's worth might.

If the night sweats were a one-off, you may have an infection brewing as well.

If you refer to the leaflet enclosed with your box of metformin tabs under the subtitle How to take Metformin, you're advised to swallow the tablet(s) during or just after meals with a full glass of water. Taking them first thing on an empty stomach should be avoided.

dotty-p

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With food or straight after is the best way for them to work and also avoid any stomach / bowel problems .
Thanks for this info. I take (my only) metformin when I get up and very rarely have breakfast now - could explain that there is very little difference to my numbers when I forget to take it (when on holiday). I will try & change my habit and have it with my evening meal. Forgot about the instructions on the packet as I have changed my way of eating and diet. They never tell you why though!