Music Fan?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.

Might be my all time favourite Floyd track.
I remember many sunny days listening to this.

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Shefields best kept secret ....

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
C

chris lowe

Saw Australian Pink Floyd Show at weekend and though they were very good and sounded more like PF than PF, I'm sorry to say (especiall to all you PF fans) that I found it really tedious. My friends did enjoy it though.

C

chris lowe

Might be my all time favourite Floyd track.
I remember many sunny days listening to this.
This was propbably the last Floyd album I really enjoyed. This was a lovely track, and who can forget "several species of small furry animals grooving together in a cave with a pict"?

C

chris lowe

And after promising myself that the new Bob Dylan would be my last album this year, I'm told Laughing Len (the wonderfully fabulous Leonard Cohen) is realeasing an album for his 80th birthday.

Reactions: 4 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Two in the morning and I woke up
can't get back to sleep!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
And after promising myself that the new Bob Dylan would be my last album this year, I'm told Laughing Len (the wonderfully fabulous Leonard Cohen) is realeasing an album for his 80th birthday.

...amazing man, more than fabulous for eighty, we all need a bit of Len sometimes, he can do no wrong...

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.

...and as for bob dylan, great songs always, liked his fantastic get together too with tom petty, george harrison, geoff lynne, sad this video was made after roy orbison died but his voice has been kept in here when it shows a photo of him... what a great lineup..

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chris lowe

...amazing man, more than fabulous for eighty, we all need a bit of Len sometimes, he can do no wrong...
Lot's of people (possibly still thinking of his music in the 60's & 70's) think he's incredibly depressing but he's just got a really droll sense of humour if you listen to some of the words. Thoroughly recommend his Live at the O2 dvd . Saw him there last year and he is incredible for his age (don't mean to sound patronising) skipping on and off stage and his band and backing singers are superb

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Been listening to and loving Lenny Cohen for forty five years and never once found him depressing.
For me music has to be emotional exciting dangerous mystical bright light and hopeful dark and mysterious haunting funny outrageous educational poetic informative political broken repaired soaring skilful experimental quality and so on and on.
Some people are more than happy with a wee pop tune about boy meets girl and that's fine ... whatever flicks your switch. innit.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So whats your all time favourite song/s!? New or old, all genres welcome. Looking for something new to listen to need inspiration :)

Personally I like instrumentals, either heavily guitar or violin orientated. Usually find myself listening to unsigned musician's and vocalists. Any pointers in this direction also appreciated :)

Type 1 Diabetic: (Novorapid/Levemir) Diagnosed 2014: Extremely handsome: Always smiling :)
I don't know if it's my fav song .. But when the wife is miffed with me I get Janis Joplin Woman Left Lonely blasted at me .. :singing: