Room 101 (like the TV prog)

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have given this much thought. I suggest the following:
PMT, should definitely go in. As long as it is the real devastating uncomfortable, full version that causes those awful symptoms, ( bloating, headache migraine, etc etc).
What should accompany the PMT is the blokes who, every time they have been so bloody irritating and done something really flaming annoying to pee off their Mrs instead of trying to consider their own fault, take the easy option of using that old cliche, "oh it must be that time of the month". Or even worse, "is it the menopause?"

Oooooooo yes and the ones that say "its all in your head" ,"don't be such a drama queen" or TUT can't stand a TUTTER

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, @Pipp . I like your thinking.

It is often forgotten that PMT is torture for the person experiencing it. For days. Every month.
Struggling to maintain a cheerful persona and putting up with the idiocies of critical spouses... doesn't help!

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I temporarily put Homehealth (the suppliers of SD Codefree meters and strips) into the holding area as their courier (Hermes) delivered my much needed test strips to the wrong address and they then had the cheek to ask me to go to the address they'd delivered them to and ask for them back? Quite rightly I've told them to sort it out pronto as I'm not the one who made the mistake.

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, @Pipp . I like your thinking.

It is often forgotten that PMT is torture for the person experiencing it. For days. Every month.
Struggling to maintain a cheerful persona and putting up with the idiocies of critical spouses... doesn't help!

I guess I could be risking the wrath of many here, but I also suggest the few women who are just nasty wicked witchy individuals who behave appallingly to others and then claim it is not their fault it is because of their hormones. They perpetuate the myth that all erratic behaviour of women is due to PMT, when really they are that mean natured all the time.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I temporarily put Homehealth (the suppliers of SD Codefree meters and strips) into the holding area as their courier (Hermes) delivered my much needed test strips to the wrong address and they then had the cheek to ask me to go to the address they'd delivered them to and ask for them back? Quite rightly I've told them to sort it out pronto as I'm not the one who made the mistake.

Absolutely. That is unacceptable. Cheeky gits.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But... Shouldn't it be Hermes who go in?

Or have I misunderstood?

Clarify please @julifriend.
Who was it told you to go and collect the packet? Supplier or courier? Or should we just send both to the holding area for the MILs to give them a stern talking to?

Reactions: 2 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Ladies, ladies please. I feel my PMT nomination has been taken out of context, of course I meant the debilitating affliction, the preceding list was just a bunch of disparate words, let's blame autocorrect maybe.
Am I off the hook?????

Mrs semiphonic, being Scottish, was clearly afraid of deportation pending the result of the referendum. In unrelated news, does anyone want to buy a large cardboard box addressed to 'Mr A. Salmond'?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ladies, ladies please. I feel my PMT nomination has been taken out of context, of course I meant the debilitating affliction, the preceding list was just a bunch of disparate words, let's blame autocorrect maybe.
Am I off the hook?????

Mrs semiphonic, being Scottish, was clearly afraid of deportation pending the result of the referendum. In unrelated news, does anyone want to buy a large cardboard box addressed to 'Mr A. Salmond'?

I have an idea, change the address on the box to Room 101 and put the said Mr Salmond in it and shove it in pronto, then we may let you off the hook.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have an idea, change the address on the box to Room 101 and put the said Mr Salmond in it and shove it in pronto, then we may let you off the hook.

Yes, Salmond in, fast track. No need for MILs to do pre-boarding check. One way ticket for him!

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!

Two issues, Salmond is proving difficult to find and the box was sized for a svelte Mrs semiphonic, not sure he'll fit, further instruction required for hook removal

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Two issues, Salmond is proving difficult to find and the box was sized for a svelte Mrs semiphonic, not sure he'll fit, further instruction required for hook removal

Think the MILs have him already then!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

To remove that hook, you need to pledge to be aware that Mrs Semiphonic may be feeling delicate several days each month, and just do her bidding, smilingly. Even if that is difficult when sucking a humbug.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I nominate the snivelling lazy, pig ignorant assistant in a certain phone store yesterday. In fact I would nominate everyone who works in there for their lack of understanding that customer service has a clue in the expression that those in employment there are actually employed to serve customers.

I went into the store, smiled and said hello to the lad at the door, who was holding a clipboard and pen and chatting to a pretty young lass. He did not respond. Went to look at the phone display, stood around for 15 minutes trying to attract the attention of the red t shirted staff, watched lots of people coming in, being served then leaving. Finally caught an assistant. He then said "can't serve you, coz you haven't given your name to James at the door, so you are not in the queue". Oh, really? I would know about this how? Apparently James should have greeted me, so it was his fault. When I informed said assistant that I would not be going to the back of the queue then his reply was, "oh alright then". Explained I am hearing impaired, use hearing aids, wanted to upgrade phone, have bluetooth, to sync in car, use internet etc. he picked up a simple phone, with very large keypad, shouted, loudly in my face, "this is about all we have for DEAF people to use. You won't be able to use a bluetooth phone".

The lad may need some attention in 101, or perhaps the friendly MILs will give him some 'opening medicine' to help retrieve the large keypad phone from his rear.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I nominate the snivelling lazy, pig ignorant assistant in a certain phone store yesterday. In fact I would nominate everyone who works in there for their lack of understanding that customer service has a clue in the expression that those in employment there are actually employed to serve customers.

I went into the store, smiled and said hello to the lad at the door, who was holding a clipboard and pen and chatting to a pretty young lass. He did not respond. Went to look at the phone display, stood around for 15 minutes trying to attract the attention of the red t shirted staff, watched lots of people coming in, being served then leaving. Finally caught an assistant. He then said "can't serve you, coz you haven't given your name to James at the door, so you are not in the queue". Oh, really? I would know about this how? Apparently James should have greeted me, so it was his fault. When I informed said assistant that I would not be going to the back of the queue then his reply was, "oh alright then". Explained I am hearing impaired, use hearing aids, wanted to upgrade phone, have bluetooth, to sync in car, use internet etc. he picked up a simple phone, with very large keypad, shouted, loudly in my face, "this is about all we have for DEAF people to use. You won't be able to use a bluetooth phone".

The lad may need some attention in 101, or perhaps the friendly MILs will give him some 'opening medicine' to help retrieve the large keypad phone from his rear.

I hope you gave him hell.
It was the pretty young lass that James was flirting with.
They go blind, deaf and stupid to anything other than a pair of pert boobs.
Some of them grow out of it.
Many don't.

Sad, really.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Tell me you put loads of super glue on the phone before insertion and I will personally give the MILs a large pack of wire wool to assist with their ministrations

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tell me you put loads of super glue on the phone before insertion and I will personally give the MILs a large pack of wire wool to assist with their ministrations
I didn't, but could go back tomorrow. There were a lot of assistants, but there were many more display phones, and I could get more than one tube of superglue.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't, but could go back tomorrow. There were a lot of assistants, but there were many more display phones, and I could get more than one tube of superglue.

Tanker of superglue ready and waiting your command, Mr Satindoll and I are armed with marigolds and gaffer tape, and are ready and willing to assist you in your endeavour to teach these brats the error of their ways.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Metformin ... but I might have to come back and retrieve it.
I stopped taking it today ... see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Ok, Homehealth can be let out of the holding area now as they've agreed to send a replacement set of strips. It took a handful of emails, but all is sorted now.