Making sense of blood results!

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Definitely the weight loss reduced the liver fat, but the people who were cured still had a BMI of 29 at the end of the diet, which is not exactly thin. So I'm thinking the low carbs reduced the liver fat more than if they ate their 800 calories in mostly carbs, like 200 grams of pasta a day. I guess I'm speculating on this because once a month I do a pasta test on myself and the same pasta meal raises my blood sugar less each month, even though I haven't lost much weight in that time. :wideyed:.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Zombiedude did you try your meter? How did it go? :)

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey @mo53 ... I didn't.
I fell asleep last night (missed dinner too!) as I think I exercised a little too hard.
When I awoke this morning to do the test I found that the battery it came with doesn't work despite it being sealed!
I finally got out of the house this evening and got a new battery but that was after dinner so I will start tomorrow.

I'm going to follow the advice of @Bluetit1802 and set it all up in a spreadsheet.

I have also followed the advice of @jack412 and started a MyFitnessPal account and downloaded the app to track my meals and intake.

How are you getting on with yours?

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @Zombiedude . I did one test last night. Today I have done 4 so far. I am getting more organised and adept each time. The resultsnare interesting. I will put them on after my next one, which will be the 2 hours after dinner test. :)

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just ignore their recommended carbs, or get into settings and put in your %/grams
also double check the carbs in your food list on google, some are wrong as it's user based

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @Zombiedude . I did one test last night. Today I have done 4 so far. I am getting more organised and adept each time. The resultsnare interesting. I will put them on after my next one, which will be the 2 hours after dinner test. :)
As we are both new to the testing we can be test buddies!!

just ignore their recommended carbs, or get into settings and put in your %/grams
also double check the carbs in your food list on google, some are wrong as it's user based
Yeah, I've actually been taking pics of everythings values and translating. Some have been a little over on there but I left them as they were as I'd rather overestimate at the moment than under estimate.

My calorie intake for the day has been 1712 and my carbs have totalled 23 (is that good on carbs?) I feel good about that considering I was probably putting away close to 3000 calories a year ago and around 2250 just a few weeks ago.
Water has been my best friend lately! LOL

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @Zombiedude well my resukts were a bit confusing. Before dinner-6.5
After 1 hour- 7.6
After 2 hour- 8.5

That seems high to me so I think I had too much rather than the content- steak, mushrooms, onions, sprouts, carrots and peas. It was lovely;)

vicky72

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I've been testing since yesterday and its very interesting to see what makes your bg spike. I also use Fitnesspal and was wondering what do you change your % too ?

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Vicky I set my calories at 1200 and my carbs at 15% which is 45g. Does this help?:)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you Dibbles. I would have copied and pasted but I cant seem to paste when I use this tablet. Yes I think you are right. :)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lo lo no wnder my bs was high Ive just completed my dinner in my fitness pal and it has pushed me over my daiky calories by 127 ( Ive never gone over my 1200 before) and I have exceeded my carbs by 57 - I allow myself 45 per day!!! Oh my goodness I need to do some serious slimming down. :joyful:

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes it explains a lot. I am glad I got the monitor too. I was 15.9 when diagnosed but with cutting all the high carbs out although my bs was a bit high it was a lot lower than at diagnosis which really pleased me.

Reactions: 3 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Dibbles I must admit I hadnt thought of the averages until then and what you say makes a great deal of sense. Mind you I havent woeked out how to get an average out og the monitor yet:joyful: