Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was the doctor i was speaking to about the blood testing strips that told me this

scottie1

My perscription has changed a lot, and I need new glasses so have ordered some. I forgot to take my glasses with me so they couldn't change the lenses but the optican said they will change them when my eyesight returns to what it was previously. The new glasses normally take a week but they have arranged for them to be ready for 4pm tomorrow, so that's good. My general eye health is good and nothing else needs doing.

I am so upset about only losing one pound this week, both myself and husband can't understand why as I have been followiing the 'rule book', so to speak. I am very frustrated about it and don't know what else to do, I was cryig in Specsavers as I saw myself fully in the mirror and was ashamed at what I saw, I don't know why my husband is still with me.

I'm not going to give up though, this is not just a diet but a whole new way of life.

Reactions: 5 people

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My perscription has changed a lot, and I need new glasses so have ordered some. I forgot to take my glasses with me so they couldn't change the lenses but the optican said they will change them when my eyesight returns to what it was previously. The new glasses normally take a week but they have arranged for them to be ready for 4pm tomorrow, so that's good. My general eye health is good and nothing else needs doing.

I am so upset about only losing one pound this week, both myself and husband can't understand why as I have been followiing the 'rule book', so to speak. I am very frustrated about it and don't know what else to do, I was cryig in Specsavers as I saw myself fully in the mirror and was ashamed at what I saw, I don't know why my husband is still with me.

I'm not going to give up though, this is not just a diet but a whole new way of life.
Great news about your eyes, I bet that's a huge relief. Your husband is with you because he sees the lovely person you clearly are. My husband left me because he couldn't cope with my weight gain and told me he was embarrassed and ashamed of me. Don't be disheartened, you're doing brilliant. Don't leave me to do this on my own i need you to spur me on. I bet my last breath you will lose next week. And a pound off is better than a pound on!! Stay strong, I know you can do this!! Xx

Reactions: 6 people

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good news about the eyes, even if it does mean a stronger prescription, you are getting it soon.

Don't get disheartened, a pound loss is still a pound gone. Go to the fridge, get out a couple of blocks of butter or a 500g tub of margarine, look at that, that is the amount of fat you have lost, it is actually a fairly large amount.

Your husband is still with you because he loves you and is intelligent enough to realise that there is more to a person than just their weight. It sounds like he is supporting you in your drive for a new lifestyle and encouraging you to help you lose the weight not having a go at you because the loss hasn't been as much as you hoped for. Treasure him and let him know how much you appreciate him.

I know I am lucky to have found some one similar and sometimes I wonder why he puts up with me.

I hope you have many more happy years with him

Reactions: 7 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news about your eyes, I bet that's a huge relief. Your husband is with you because he sees the lovely person you clearly are. My husband left me because he couldn't cope with my weight gain and told me he was embarrassed and ashamed of me. Don't be disheartened, you're doing brilliant. Don't leave me to do this on my own i need you to spur me on. I bet my last breath you will lose next week. And a pound off is better than a pound on!! Stay strong, I know you can do this!! Xx

Well done Muggle lets get that Scottie told.

Scottie, you are in need of a telling off again.
A)
The optician said there was nothing nasty going on with you eyesight. Well thats good news.
B) You have lost some weight, more good news.
C) You have a lovely supportive husband. Go give him a big hug.
It's all about little steps, your getting there.
:)
Stay strong.

Reactions: 3 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only

Muggle, I'm sending you a BIG HUG.

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Big hugs all round. Who doesn't need a hug every now and then!! Hope you are doing ok Clivethedrive :)

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
At least he is at home with you. If you feel ill tonight do get long to A and E.
i went to west cumbrian hospital with my partner who took ill in our case it was a 999 ambulance job i took his medication with me on entering A AND E there asked about his medication and what times he takes his medication. i didnt know this being a diabetic my self that diabetics have to use there own medication or insulin in hospitals. ok there do the blood meter tests but the medication is yours.

scottie1

Bg went down to 12.1 last night, but is 17.4 on waking this morning. Didn't eat at all yesterday, I know that's not good so won't be doing it again today.

Sending you lots of hugs Muggle, I know I'm very lucky.

Reactions: 3 people

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bg went down to 12.1 last night, but is 17.4 on waking this morning. Didn't eat at all yesterday, I know that's not good so won't be doing it again today.

Sending you lots of hugs Muggle, I know I'm very lucky.
That was fantastic last night!! It's coming down slowly but surely which is encouraging. Well done Scottie, really pleased for you :)

Reactions: 2 people

scottie1

That's better, can see you all much clearer now. :)

BG down to 16.0, still not good but better. Had a small fish from the chip shop for my lunch, it was lovely and I think I am having a fry up for dinner.

Now I can see, I have filled forms in for new GP (phew, there were a lot) so will be ringing to make an appointment for a medical on Monday. then I have another appointment at the dentist for 2 replacement fillings and a permenant crown. Not looking forward to that!

Researching party ideas for my 8-year-old's 9th birthday and she has stated she would like a pamper party! Growing up way too fast for my liking!
Have ordered a cake and paid a deposit, now just to find a venue.

Thank you Muggle, I was under the impression that a LCHF diet would bring my BG down a lot, but that doesn't seem to be the case. But, like you say, it's coming down slowly and any reduction is good so I shall continue. When I first posted it was in the high 20's and low 30's, so it's great to see. Hope you are well today. I worry about you.

scottie1

Oh, and don't suppose anybody has any ideas on what my daughter can dress up as a detective for World Book Day? I am searching the internet for female ones but having trouble.

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's better, can see you all much clearer now. :)

BG down to 16.0, still not good but better. Had a small fish from the chip shop for my lunch, it was lovely and I think I am having a fry up for dinner.

Now I can see, I have filled forms in for new GP (phew, there were a lot) so will be ringing to make an appointment for a medical on Monday. then I have another appointment at the dentist for 2 replacement fillings and a permenant crown. Not looking forward to that!

Researching party ideas for my 8-year-old's 9th birthday and she has stated she would like a pamper party! Growing up way too fast for my liking!
Have ordered a cake and paid a deposit, now just to find a venue.

Thank you Muggle, I was under the impression that a LCHF diet would bring my BG down a lot, but that doesn't seem to be the case. But, like you say, it's coming down slowly and any reduction is good so I shall continue. When I first posted it was in the high 20's and low 30's, so it's great to see. Hope you are well today. I worry about you.
I worry about you too lol! What a pair of worriers. Really pleased your glasses have helped, you've done lots of positive things today and that's great! Im proud of you. Ive had another tearful one, im lying on the sofa in the dark, curtains closed having a good cry. Had a difficult day with my 18yo daughter. Too upset to eat so that's another day of just breakfast for me. I sometimes go to bed wishing i wouldn't have to wake up because I get so worn down and utterly exhausted. Never mind I suppose I will bounce back and find my smile eventually. It's been lovely reading about your positive day :)

scottie1

Aww Muggle, I am so sorry you are having a really bad day and that you feel so down. I think, and please don't be cross, that you do need to eat, even if it's something small as you will be ill if you don't. I am not telling you off, just concerned about you. Children are sent to try us, aren't they? No matter how old they get. Please don't cry, and don't ever wish you wouldn't have to wake up (I do know the feeling though, have felt like that before). You are not alone anymore, you have us. You need to rest, you shouldn't be exhausted so don't do anything that isn't needed. Is somebody with you? Do you have any of the children at home with you now? Can you ask one of them for a cuddle? Wish I could cuddle you, you sound like you need it! xx

((((Hugs))))