A dissappointing update

KenBachelor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cheese
FINALLY GOOD NEWS FOR ALL DIABETICS - This update is for anyone who took a copy of my original post.

It doesn't seem to be working guys and this morning with a 7 day average of 10.00mm now showing on my meter, I've decided to raise my Novomix 30 back up to 22 units.

Here's a copy of the results for the first week of my two week experiment, which showed a lot of promise last Monday and Tuesday when I had to eat a lot of carbs to get my B/S 'up'. Since then I've been struggling with severe rises during the day, which for the time being I'm putting down to the reduced Novomix 30 I've been taking. https://sites.google.com/site/somnustrading/kenschart.gif
https://sites.google.com/site/somnustrading/kenschart.gif

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear this Ken. Do you restrict your carb intake at all to try to keep your insulin doses as low as possible and to cut out massive swings in BG?

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
FINALLY GOOD NEWS FOR ALL DIABETICS - This update is for anyone who took a copy of my original post.

It doesn't seem to be working guys and this morning with a 7 day average of 10.00mm now showing on my meter, I've decided to raise my Novomix 30 back up to 22 units.

Here's a copy of the results for the first week of my two week experiment, which showed a lot of promise last Monday and Tuesday when I had to eat a lot of carbs to get my B/S 'up'. Since then I've been struggling with severe rises during the day, which for the time being I'm putting down to the reduced Novomix 30 I've been taking.
https://sites.google.com/site/somnustrading/kenschart.gif
Thank you for the update. I believe spices/natural products lower sugar levels but I think our bodies get used to them very quickly and they stop working.

KenBachelor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cheese
I've been at it for 58 years Zand and I just keep to a regular diet. Normally I have no problems and you may not have seen the details of my experiment. My original thread was deleted by the powers that be and without that, this thread won't be much use to you.

I can easily put things right but I'm in the middle of my experiment, with only 1 week to go so I'll see it through.

Last edited by a moderator:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
As this thread IS in the type1 sub forum - any members using insulin please do refer to
always seek your own GP or DSN advice .
Never reduce nor stop using insulin without seeking their advice .

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
I can easily put things right but I'm in the middle of my experiment, with only 1 week to go so I'll see it through.[/QUOTE]
Please do let us know how your experiment transpires .

KenBachelor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cheese
Anna29 - I spoke to the diabetic nurse at my doctor's surgery yesterday and in view of the fact that the prescription had such a dramatic effect originally I've now been asked to take a month off it and then try it again.