Kyolic Aged Garlic Supplements

Joshman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For a few months now I've been experiencing tingling/pulsating sensations in my feet and lower legs. Originally I thought it was a symptom of neuropathy but my GP ruled that out as my BG levels have always been under good control. I stopped taking one of my blood pressure tablets, Almodopine, as it lists "tingling in feet" as a side effect. This reduced the amount of tingling sensations I was getting but didn't cure it altogether. Soon after stopping Almodopine, I started having problems with constipation which is something I've never suffered with before. Over the counter laxatives only seemed to work occasionally. My whole digestive system felt very sluggish.

Fed up with being fobbed off by my GP, I started "researching" it on the internet. I read that poor circulation can cause a sluggish digestive system, as well as tingling in feet and pins and needles in hands (which is something else I suffer from occasionally). I then started looking at herbal remedies that can improve circulation and that led me to Kyolic Aged Garlic Supplements. I'm not a big fan of garlic but this stuff is meant to be odourless and there seems to be a lot of studies carried out that back up it's health claims, which are mainly improved cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure, reduced cholesterol.

I decided to give them a try and bought a bottle of 1000mg capsules. I've only taken them for 3 days (1 capsule daily). By the second day the tingling in my feet had gone. This surprised me as I assumed I'd have to take the supplements long term before feeling any benefits. The other thing I noticed was my constipation had gone. Obviously, that was good news but it seems to have taken things to the other extreme, upset stomach, loose bowel movements, flatulence, etc. In fact it's very similar to when I first started using Metformin.

It's very frustrating, I was really pleased that the tingling had gone but now I'm wondering if I just won't be able to tolerate these supplements. Has anyone else taken these supplements and experienced similar problems? Did the side effects settle down with continued use? Should I try a lower dose?

Thanks