The latest diet advice I will NOT be taking

LJRC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
tea, miserable people, swallowing large pills :)
@LJRC Don't worry about insulin - it's given by injection, not tablets as it doesn't survive stomach acids, but as a T2, you'd have to be significantly worse than you are to need insulin. There would be many other meds that they'd try first if you needed some help. I managed my T2 with diet and exercise and gradually losing weight, for about 19 years and it was only after a medical emergency in 2010 when I lost my way and nothing I did worked well enough any more. Meds don't seem to work with me, so I chose, in consultation with my DN to go on insulin, because that was best for me.

If you've lost weight and are reducing carbs, you are already doing the right things. Exercise really helps too - I know that's the one thing I can do that makes a tangible difference to my levels. A good walk is all it needs.

Aww, thank you, cheered me up. With the insulin, I knew that I had to be a whole lot worse than I am now, which is why I couldn't understand why she would say what she did. Diet I can do for the moment, getting more exercise is something I am working on. If it's dry and the wind has calmed down, yay! Means I'm off out for a little walk. You are so right, we have to do what works for us. Thanks again.

Reactions: 2 people