Type 2 Life

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
7.6 this morning - woke up at stupid o'clock needing the toilet, went back to bed and slept in later than usual. Whoops!

Reactions: 6 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
7.2 this morning - went for a nice long walk to mum's shops yesterday morning but took longer than I expected. Had to walk back through town at lunchtime and couldn't resist a Gregg's mini quiche. Whoops!

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hello @Alan_in_Suffolk_ :) - I see you are Type 2. Are you on medication? What (if any?) sort of diet do you follow? William:)

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon all :) Last weekend, some of you, like myself, may have seen one of the morning cookery shows in which they made a 'cheese less mint choc cheesecake'.The confection was sold as one that would wow your friends when they tasted it as they would not believe what it was made from - avocados - yes, avocados. They assured that the avocado took on the flavours added to it and its silky smooth texture was fantastic. They admitted it was a bit of a faff to make, but well worth the effort.
So, yesterday I got down to it and 'faffed' through the recipe. After its required 5 hours of chilling in the fridge, I pulled it out excited to have a taste. Drooling over the small slice of extremely tempting looking confection on my plate, I thrust in my spoon and filled my chops. Aaaaaaargh. I have never tasted anything so disgusting in my life! Do not be fooled - it tastes EXACTLY like ripe avocado with a load of cocoa powder! The whole thing went in the bin and a little tear trickled down my cheek at the hours spent creating and the 4 ripe avocados I would never get back.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Afternoon, FBG of 7.0 today, bit fatigued probably post-viral. Going to rest all weekend.:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Good Afternoon and Hello @eddie1968 :) Hope you feel better soon. William.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I'm so happy yesterday I ate a m+s soft white finger roll stuffed with m+s thin cut ham. Each roll is 29g of carbs and I hadn't eaten one since I started lchf diet 6 months ago, 2hrs after eating it my bs level had only increased by .6 up from 4.7 before lunch to 5.3 I thought that was a fluke so I ate the same roll& ham today and - Hallelujah! - 5.1 before lunch 5.7 2hrs later. I can eat my favourite lunch again, I am SO pleased

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm so happy yesterday I ate a m+s soft white finger roll stuffed with m+s thin cut ham. Each roll is 26g of carbs and I hadn't eaten one since I started lchf diet 6 months ago, 2hrs after eating it my bs level had only increased by .6 up from 4.7 before lunch to 5.3 I thought that was a fluke so I ate the same roll& ham today and - Hallelujah! - 5.1 before lunch 5.7 2hrs later. I can eat my favourite lunch again, I am SO pleased

That is great, so well done on your control now.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm so happy yesterday I ate a m+s soft white finger roll stuffed with m+s thin cut ham. Each roll is 26g of carbs and I hadn't eaten one since I started lchf diet 6 months ago, 2hrs after eating it my bs level had only increased by .6 up from 4.7 before lunch to 5.3 I thought that was a fluke so I ate the same roll& ham today and - Hallelujah! - 5.1 before lunch 5.7 2hrs later. I can eat my favourite lunch again, I am SO pleased
That's fantastic! I'm so pleased for you

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The other thing that I've noticed is my fbg reading is down by quite a bit - at last! It's taken 6 full months for that reading to come down to match the other daily readings. Be encouraged anyone who thinks their fbg will never drop, I had accepted it might never come down to under 6 on a regular basis, keep persevering everyone. I'll need to keep vigilant now and not give in to little "treats" :(

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you ladies imagine me getting excited over a finger roll lol

Reactions: 4 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you ladies imagine me getting excited over a finger roll lol
Lol we can all understand why! It makes such a difference to eat something we used to

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
One for the ladies. Do you find your sugars change during ' that time of the month' mine go up and down like yo-yo

Sent from my XT1039 using DCUK Forum mobile app

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
  1. Oh loulou my friend, it's a few years since I was in that time and I didn't have diabetes then so I can't answer

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm off to the Strictly Come Dancing road show - sparkling all the way! Sparkly top, sparkly earrings, sparkly necklace, sparkly handbag - do you think that I've overdone the sparkles? :D Have a lovely Sunday everyone