Neuropathy and Gabapentin hallucinations

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, to cut a hugely long story short it's been assumed that after being type 1 for 40 years I have neuropathy ( although the doctor today said I might be vitamin D deficient instead.) I've been on a slowly increasing dose of Gabapentin since November and been quite happy. About a fortnight ago it was upped to 400mg 3 times a day and I've had night terrors every night !? I'm also in bloody agony ! Saw the dr today after having s hugely embarrassing meltdown at work ( in front of my year 7 English class - how can I smooth that one over eh? ) and she's swapped me to something called Amylitritil or something, well she will soon,and signed me off for a fortnight. She gave me a telling off for trying to be normal when I'm obviously not (?). Anyone any experience of either drug or vitamin D thing? Oh and any advice on how to slip back into working in a secondary school without being gawped at X

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Really? That's interesting. Seeing the nurse today for a chat ( hopefully without crying - it's getting tedious ) so I'll ask. Thanks x

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Saw the dr today after having s hugely embarrassing meltdown at work

That's the last thing I'd be worried about so address that in your own good time ... kids get over that and this is about you, no-one else.

Reactions: 2 people

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you ( cue more tears ) I've been on this road before Mike, and once I've had a good chat and got answers I'm fine. My problem is I try to cover up and as we all know it gets too much. X

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Read that loud and clear :) ... and covering up isn't a problem as we all try to insulate ourselves against the outside world ... a rather common defence system for us all, diabetic or not. Take that time out, get some answers and be good to yourself :)

Reactions: 2 people

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Am doing. Still in bed but my fingers are going dead from trying to hold my 'phone in the air

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Arrhhh thank you, he'll be surprised to be called cute....I sometimes get it due to my striking resemblance to little Jimmy Krankie. Hoping Gabapentin will be on it's way out soon, as it's looking like very low vitamin D and not nerve pain. Thank you xx