Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Moths & mushrooms!
People who are ignorant towards diabetes :(
Animal cruelty
People who use their mobile phones whilst driving
So after a discussion on another thread where it took a detour onto the names of our cars/phones/shopping trolleys/insulin pumps, it was suggested by @arniemouse that I start a new thread to see if anyone else anthropomorphises their inanimate objects?
Do any of you also do this?? :joyful:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
My car is called William.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to have a(n adult) friend who couldn't eat her food if it was given a proper name - so Freddie fish, Cara carrots, etc immediately became inedible items!:p:p

At work I learned that networked computers are given names as unique identifiers, many of which were rather boring, but we were allowed to name our library webserver fairly appropriately as Bookworm. Many of the computing dept people could choose their own machine names ranging from Gandalf to Rainbow to Halibut, so I've always done this to my own PCs at home too. My first was Dan, as it was a Dan brand computer, my next was Eve from Evesham computers, then came Pandora as she was a real box of tricks, and I finally became owner of Leise (German for Silent) as she was built as a (fairly) quiet PC, and her sound proofed case came from a German supplier. No generic My Computer's allowed on my desktop.:D:D However many of my other pieces of equipment (both household, computing, and crafting) usually comes under the shared name of "Bloody Useless Machine!":mad:

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people