Hi to all,

Dolphin500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Dogs Men who are Selfish.Stressful Situations hubby wont stop smoking has COPD.
Dosnt take me into consideration too Selfish for That.
I have been bk to docs n he said keep an eye on my bs i also said i got a letter saying cus i didnt go to my diabetes appointment last week i need to be re- reffered i had asthma/chest infection so i need a new appointment how dare they thro me off.

Doc has written a strong note to them to send me another appointment.

I just do not think the above is right.

Dolphin500

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Most hospital departments are operating a 1 strike and you're out policy because the NHS does not have the resources for time wasters.

How would you feel if you went there and the doctor didn't show up. Always phone and cancel, never do a no show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Dolphin500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi Exuse me,

But i was Ill so how do you expect me to go n i had an asthma attack so how do you expect me to speak on the phone i didnt feel like speaking to anyone.

It wasnt like it was the first thing on my mind was it.

Dolphin500.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I'm just explaining what most hospitals are doing now. All they know is that you're someone who didn't turn up for an appointment.

Did you attempt to telephone afterwards and apologise?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Dolphin500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Yes i did actually but it wasnt till this week when i was feel a bit better.

Dolphin500.

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When any of us (me, hubby, son or daughter) have to miss any appointment and are feeling much too unwell to phone, then 1 of the others phones to cancel &, if possible, rearrange.

Sunny

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too think it is out of order discharging people so readily. My trust discharges you even if you cancel if it's within 24hours. I rang once to apologise afterwards as I'd had an anaphylactic episode but they said there was no way they could get an apology to anyone so you need to go back to GP to be re- referred!!
I attend a 'difficult to treat' brittle asthma clinic so you would expect that patients going to that are ill & sometimes may have an asthma attack but it makes no difference you still get discharged!! Drives my Consultant mad!!

Dolphin500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi Sunny,

This is so Silly they are just making more work for nothing extra paperwork is beyond me really.
Do they think people are never ill it takes the mic my gp has written a strong note to them and so he should.

Dolphin500

S

Sean01

Hi Exuse me,

But i was Ill so how do you expect me to go n i had an asthma attack so how do you expect me to speak on the phone i didnt feel like speaking to anyone.

It wasnt like it was the first thing on my mind was it.

Dolphin500.
Steady on. I have asthma and I had the flu ( and due to my heart condition, I get waved straight through reception whenever I turn up at A&E. I often don't feel like talking to anybody, but the trouble is that the medical staff waiting for you to turn up don't know that. Unfortunately, we have an overstretched NHS. Time is precious, and yes, you were very ill, and you probably had the right 'ump, but this is the game that is being played right now. You have a doctir who is fighting your corner, and trust me, your hospital is full of sympathetic staff who want to help. The problem lies not with the medical staff but the administrators and target setters. Stay calm.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
I think people should be fined for not attending appointments at GP Surgeries AND Hospitals. It's common courtesy to phone up and cancel. This is my personal opinion.

Reactions: 2 people