Nearly reversed Type 2

Jotter84

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Eating fish , only eat Cod!
I had my first appointment with my diabetes consultant today after waiting for 4 months to see her having been diagnosed in February that I was type 2. I initially had a hbA1c of 59 and was put on Metformin and told it was in my genetics and have a family history of it.

Now 5 months later she has had my result and a nice chat and through dieting and exercise and self determination I have got it down to 45, lost a stone in two months have got another stone to go, down to one Metformin from 3 a day. When I first went I weighed 13st 4 and my aim was always to get to 11st 6 so now am more determined.

She has sent me back to my GP who has been really good stating that he will now deal with me as she doesn't want to see me again and if I continue to do what I am doing my hbA1c will go below 42 and I can come of the medication all together. It is a case of then maintaining it so it doesn't come back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Jotter84 - Hi:). Well Done on lowering your HBA1C and weight. You are now classed as in the Prediabetic category.
HBA1C Categories:
Normal. below 42mmol.
Prediabetic. 42 to 47mmol.
Diabetes. 48mmol or Over.

Reactions: 2 people

Jotter84

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you both. Found a lot of tips on here which has helped and the support I have got from family and friends has been a huge help and pushed me along.

Reactions: 6 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Great work on the weight-loss and improved BG levels. Keep at it to take that next and get off the meds
Well done
Cheers

Reactions: 4 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I had my first appointment with my diabetes consultant today after waiting for 4 months to see her having been diagnosed in February that I was type 2. I initially had a hbA1c of 59 and was put on Metformin and told it was in my genetics and have a family history of it.

Now 5 months later she has had my result and a nice chat and through dieting and exercise and self determination I have got it down to 45, lost a stone in two months have got another stone to go, down to one Metformin from 3 a day. When I first went I weighed 13st 4 and my aim was always to get to 11st 6 so now am more determined.

She has sent me back to my GP who has been really good stating that he will now deal with me as she doesn't want to see me again and if I continue to do what I am doing my hbA1c will go below 42 and I can come of the medication all together. It is a case of then maintaining it so it doesn't come back.

A terrific story of success once again... Very well done:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, BPM 85, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

16/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 6O, 11st 5lbs, waist 30", PWV 7.0. Lifelong migraines and hay fever gone.

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting, occasionally longer fasts.

Jotter84

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
A terrific story of success once again... Very well done:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, BPM 85, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

16/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 6O, 11st 5lbs, waist 30", PWV 7.0. Lifelong migraines and hay fever gone.

Wow what a good turn around, nice to see another great success. Just shows when we put our minds to things how we can change our lives for the better.

Well done.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Wow what a good turn around, nice to see another great success. Just shows when we put our minds to things how we can change our lives for the better.

Well done.

I totally agree... This community which is so encouraging feels like a team on a unified mission:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done on your HbA1c and weight reductions @Jotter84! I am sure you will achieve your weight loss target and get your HbA1c down to non-diabetic level.:)
I am a little bit envious that you got to see a Consultant, even if it did take 4 months. I only got to see the practice nurse!