Carpel tunnel syndrome

helen777

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Been diagnosed this week with carpal tunnel syndrome in my left wrist. Was advised to buy a support with a metal rod in it and wear at night. Take ibrufen as needed made me laugh have bad reactions to it and many other pain relief meds. So with pins and needles in my right hand from time to time it's not much fun at the moment. Has anybody got any ideas for any relief for the pain.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The best thing is the hand brace at night and find a suitable pain killer. However, having the op is even better!
Had mine done about eight years ago! Brilliant!

Reactions: Freema

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @helen777. A few years back I suffered with carpel tunnel syndrome, it came about after using a sledgehammer over the course of a weekend. I've never known pain quite like it. My heart goes out to you.
I stumbled upon a product called KT tape. If you are unaware of it, it's a strange product that looks like it won't really work. You may have seen sports people with brightly coloured tape stuck on legs, arms and other parts of their anatomy. This is KT tape.
I purchased mine from a local sports shop, larger chemists sell it as well.
It worked great for me BUT it has to be applied correctly.
If you go to you tube, search KT tape carpel tunnel and you'll get all the information on how and where to apply the tape.