Freestyle libre

Jmeechan

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Rude people
I have just received a third sensor for my son to try. The first one was put on at 11am and was reading faulty on the monitor the following morning and the second only lasted 4 hrs. I have heard about a skin tag to apply on the area beforehand. Has anybody heard of anything like this? Thanks

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
If you google 'Skin Tac' you'll find websites that sell this product.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last edited:

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Many people seem to use Tegaderm. I knocked my sensor and it became a bit unstuck but was still working so I applied Tegaderm over the sensor (with a circle of paper to cover the sensor, in case I wanted/needed to remove/change the Tegaderm) and it's held up well. Without the Tegaderm, I didn't feel I would be wise to shower as water would get under the sensor but, with the Tegaderm, it has been fine.

I've also read (Facebook Abbott Freestyle Libre) of many other products that are being used satisfactorily.

Jmeechan

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Rude people
Many people seem to use Tegaderm. I knocked my sensor and it became a bit unstuck but was still working so I applied Tegaderm over the sensor (with a circle of paper to cover the sensor, in case I wanted/needed to remove/change the Tegaderm) and it's held up well. Without the Tegaderm, I didn't feel I would be wise to shower as water would get under the sensor but, with the Tegaderm, it has been fine.

I've also read (Facebook Abbott Freestyle Libre) of many other products that are being used satisfactorily.
Thanks