Aspirin in pregnancy

marie85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys, have been recommended to take aspirin from 12-36weeks...I'm now 15weeks and have just started it today. Did anyone or does anyone else take it in their type1 pregnancy?? Thanks x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @marie85 :)

Yes, I took it from 13/14 weeks :) I was convinced of its benefits by the research and by chatting with my OB. I took a Gastro-resist one as I felt that was easy on my tummy :)

marie85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks @azure! Yes from what I've researched too it is worth taking...I've other cardio risk factors too so safer on it for sure. Just wanted to get past the 12week mark-meant to get the prescription filled last week and forgot...hopefully it's still ok to start at week15!

Reactions: azure

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @azure! Yes from what I've researched too it is worth taking...I've other cardio risk factors too so safer on it for sure. Just wanted to get past the 12week mark-meant to get the prescription filled last week and forgot...hopefully it's still ok to start at week15!

I'm sure it's ok to,start a tiny bit late :) I left it a few days before starting (was told to,start at 13wks) just for my own peace of mind, and it didn't cause me any problems. You're only a few days 'late' :)