Toast and Cake back on the hospital menu.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The "finger buffet" for kids & elderly will save on the washing up..
@NoCrbs4Me ? They only do bacon at the weekends... ;)

I've never been hospitalised.. (Since diagnosis 41 years back.) but I have seen what they fed my T2 dad at the time & the nurse tried to reassure me his low teen BS was great...
Funny that he was doing so well BS wise at home that the doc pulled him of the metformin... :banghead:

If yer not a diabetic? Then I can understand what they are doing... To be fair! :)

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
They think it's ok if patients eat cake because at least they're eating something, but why not offer bacon and eggs every day? That's also "something"?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I guess if you don't want to eat the 'normal' menu, you can have the omelettes, the salads, and ask them what the soup is today.
Maybe if you want bacon and eggs everyday you could get a McDonalds breakfast, they're usually nearby.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Or as in my case.. hospital could not cope with a salad so my hubby at the time 17 months ago prepared one and had to bring it in for me!!

Lorraine1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was recently in hospital and I asked how many carbohydrates were in my meal so I could programme my pod. They didn't have a clue.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I guess if you don't want to eat the 'normal' menu, you can have the omelettes, the salads, and ask them what the soup is today.
Maybe if you want bacon and eggs everyday you could get a McDonalds breakfast, they're usually nearby.

Or swim the river Avon from my "local" hospital to the nearest McD....? That's not including transversing the rural geographic location & getting past the industrial estate on the other side too!
Funny enough. About a 100 meters on? (Crossing the "upper Bristol road".) There is a decent "greasy spoon."! Lol ;)

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Or swim the river Avon from my "local" hospital to the nearest McD....? That's not including transversing the rural geographic location & getting past the industrial estate on the other side too!
Funny enough. About a 100 meters on? (Crossing the "upper Bristol road".) There is a decent "greasy spoon."! Lol ;)
There's always something close by.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I wasn't allowed anything with salt with a bs of 550. ( yes US 550 ) but they served me regular jello rather than Sugar free. And no fat mucousy mayo instead of regular. I literally fought with my nurse to let me get a fresh salad off their beautiful salad bar in tears. My hubby also brought me tuna and salad. Bless his heart. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!!

Reactions: donnellysdogs

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I was recently in hospital and I asked how many carbohydrates were in my meal so I could programme my pod. They didn't have a clue.

We had a discussion about hospital food a while back and someone said that hospitals are obliged to keep the nutritional info for the meals they serve.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I must have been lucky with my hospital. We had toast for breakfast and there was also a toaster that patients could use themselves.

There was cake as well, including gluten free cake.

I thought the food was great and much improved since my last stay some years ago.

Reactions: donnellysdogs