Bad day...

Marvelchick79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
After 5 amazing days today just fell flat! I had detoxed and started to feel better and then I had 2 chocolate biscuits and a massive bowl of ice cream now I feel so guilty and quite frankly ill.
The only reason I can think of why I did it is boredom. My boys are out and my chores were done; even did the gardening; then I sat and watch tv and reach for my comfort blanket without even thinking....

Sad times!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So pick yourself up and dust yourself down and start right over again, right now. Make sure the next meal is healthy and hey presto you are back on track. We all trip up sometimes, the main thing is to learn why and then work out a strategy not to fall at the same fence next time. :)

Reactions: Marvelchick79

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No problem, we all fall of the diet at times .. just don't spoil your indulgence with guilt .. just think tomorrow is a new day .. as you fix locks on the cupboards of the comfort foods .... Leaving good foods to snack on in reach .. like cheeses and nuts

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If there is one certainty in life, it is that we low carbers will have some carbs at some time. So don't worry. Just remember that you were feeling better, and that you can feel that way again. I find it very motivating. :D

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I believe you have to have an occasional bad day to appreciate the good ones, so much more. Tomorrow is nearly here if today is a write off.

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We've all done it.... Mine was fish shop cod, chips and curry sauce.... One of my favorite meals a few months ago....

Not a mistake I'll be making again, it made me ill.

Books1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
2 biscuits & ice cream do not cancel out your 5 amazing days so just get back on the wagon and you're back on track. I know easier said than done but just remember your good days!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That is exactly how I live an learn. Sick of feeling like junk and having to fix things keeps me away most of the time. The others are good reminders why I do what I do.

Live and learn. Simple as that. Nothing wrong with it.