I can bath again

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
Well 12 years ago I moved into a new flat prior to that the flat I lived it then had a power shower, which I used regularly! In my new flat no shower so I had to have a bath and at that time I was 17 stone 3 Lbs or 241 Lbs, well after having my bath I had great difficulty getting out of it I had to go on my side I was like a stranded whale so I had a shower installed as quickly as possible and I have showered ever since.

Then last week I was in a conversation with my son-in-law and he mentioned how much he enjoyed a nice soak in the bath which got me thinking it was 12 years since I have done that and now my weight is 11 stone 7 Lbs or 161 Lbs I shall have to try it again! Which I just did and it was no problem, and it once again made me be thankful of going on a low carb high fat lifestyle.
My blood sugar is now under control which I am delighted about hoping to come of the meds soon.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done!

It was having a bath that convinced me it was time to stop losing weight. There was no longer any cushioning on my bum, and the hard surface of the bath made this very noticeable!! :)

I could not live without a bath. We are currently looking for a new house and so many updated/modernised houses now no longer have them. Putting one in would be my first job.