What do you use to 'treat' hypos ?

D

Deleted member 308541

It's Mick Fleetwod. Circa, the album Rumours isn't it? :)
No, it's not from Rumours. Mick had a pony tail haircut and the two dangling wooden balls.
FMacRumours.PNG

kmaskerty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If I'm in fast flowing water then my hip bag has 2 straps below it which will readily hold a small Lucozade sized bottle. This is useful when teaching or wading through some of the rivers I frequent. In the car I carry 2 x 6 packs of orange Lucozade or lemon barley or a combination of both. If cycling then I have a refill bottle on my bike. If I'm walking my puppy then I will stick a plastic bottles in my back pocket. If I'm in meetings then ill have bottles on the table in front of me ahd on and on it goes. I just don't like chewing jellied sweets on low blood sugar
Nice idea ,

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glucotabs - one or two is usually enough, as I tend to turn my pump down too if dropping so I come up quickly.

Apart from a rare exception the other weekend when I had lots of them and even then had to resort to Glucogel (should've grabbed the Glucogel first!).
:banghead:

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
this is a good post for me. I was in a panic last night as I felt so bad - shaky, sweaty and couldn't stand. Did my bg test and it was 3.8 so I knew that needed sugar but ..... only sugar free drink or foods in the house. Then I remembered the sugar bowl at the back of the cupboard and made a milky coffee with 2 tsps of sugar in.. Job done.

I don't think that I have enough will power to keep either juice or sweets in the house so just hope this episode was a blip.

Kbarbaracollins_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Glucotabs. One tablet raises me 1 unit. On a low carb diet I find 1 or 2 tablets will usually be enough. Dr Bernstein's preferred treatment.

Bindo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I use glucogel . A small convenient bottle. One squirt between cheek and gums which is absorbed quickly and recovery is fast . Works for me

KevCB

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I always carry Science In Sport Go Energy Gels - easy, clean and taste good.

They also they pack both Glucose and Carbs!

Sam0k1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Normally I use Capri Sun. They seem to work really quickly exactly 20 grams of carb/ 2 CPs and I don't have to measure or count which can be helpful if I am very low.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Jelly babies for me.
The 5 for a £1 asda ones.
Handy sized packet for your pocket!
I like them a lot and I'm a Tom Baker fan.......

"would you care for a jelly baby" the fourth Doctor used to say in the 1970s.........

I'd probably get arrested!!!!!!!!!!

Tony