Diabetes T2 or HIV?

Helsin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm quite new to T2 and just finding my feet on no meds, LCHF and now self-testing. Feeling quite optimistic, all in all, but have just read an article in the Daily Mail from a doctor, who says he would rather be HIV positive than T2. Apparently, treatment for HIV has led to almost normal life expectancy, whereas T2 takes 10 years off your life. Thanks for that, doc!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I know which one I would rather have. My health has improved considerably since I was diagnosed T2. Every cloud...

Perhaps the 10 years less life expectancy thing is based on historically following the NHS carbfest diet. Thanks to this forum, we are more savvy now and wont be joining that statistic I reckon.

Chin up, Helsin :)

Reactions: 3 people

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some doctors are self obsessed and will not be swayed from their own uninformed opinions. He may have been one of those doctors telling his patients to "eat plenty of carbs" and that early morning readings of 7.0 indicated "good control", despite the fact that it has been known since the 1980s that this leads to a deterioration. There are plenty of these characters around.

Reactions: 4 people