Hit my first 4. bg reading today

ricardoharrison

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rascism / Fascism / Negativity
Hi All,

I know this is might be seen as spam (so I apologise!!) but today I hit my first 4.2 bg reading today, on the 7th March my fasting level was 16.5 so I'm feeling pretty chuffed with myself. With changes in diet and exercise i'm feeling like I'm coming to terms with what I have to do to keep healthy!.

Just wanted to share with people !!!

Reactions: 11 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely brilliant! Keep it up! Or down, rather.

ricardoharrison

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
erm.... cut down the processed sugars from drinks/food etc. Eating three times a day on a balanced diet. porridge with blueberries for breakfast. Salad for lunch and a home cooked tea. Lost all white breads, white pasta etc. Still have the odd takeaway but it's plain rice, tikka mixed grill and lay off the ghee curry sauces.

Also got back into running, 5k three times a week pushing for a 20min time. I'll be upping to 10k gradually and am aiming for half marathon distance over this year (maybe even try training for a marathon).

If I get to a friday and been good all week (eating and exercise wise) I'll treat myself to a bag of crisps at lunch.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Very well done, I'm sure the running has helped a lot. I need to get some more weight down before even attempting what you do!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's a very rapid turnaround. Very well done.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As I am learning, exercise works well, diet works well, but the two together - bloomin amazing.

Congratulations!

ricardoharrison

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
thanks everyone, these readings were taken mid afternoon just before my evening meal.

My fasting/morning levels are usually around the 7 mark. Over the last four weeks these seem to have a slower trend of decrease.