Fallen off the wagon

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I fell off the wagon big time today. After 4+ weeks of strict LCHF without touching a slice of bread, potato, rice, pasta, cake, biscuit, tropical fruit, root veg or bananas, I met a friend for lunch. I was so good and chose what I thought was low carb lunch - dressed crab with lemon mayo and salad leaves. Then the artisan breads arrived to accompany it.

I finished my crab before my friend finished their meal, so I started on the bread, possibly out of boredom. Just one slice, then a second. I thought it would be okay as I went for an extra long walk afterwards, much of it uphill so I felt I'd burned it off but an interesting/disturbing thing has happened since. I've had no willpower to resist bad food since I've been home. I was craving a hot cross bun, so bought some, then my daughter shared some chocolates with me and I accepted 4. 4!! Up unti today I've been able to resist all chocolate and sweets for over a month. I even gave my biscotti to my friend when we had our morning lattes before moving on to lunch.

I'm now snacking on things in the fridge, including a cold sausage left over from breakfast. I suppose I need to put this down as a learning curve/wake up call.

Could it really be those two small slices of healthy looking artisan bread that caused this?

Oooops. Today is a new day, and remember, success or failure shouldn't be measured by the number of times we fall over trying, but the number of times we get back up and try again.

Going back to the apparent, initial trigger point though; I've always been a fairly slow eater, but since I have been on a modified eating regime, I try to ensure I finish my meal at the same time, or after my OH, or others we are eating with. Then I don't have to observe them savour their last mouthfuls of whatever they're eating that I might once have fancied. It works for me........... For now!