Glad to be here.

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Thank you both...I have been doing this low carb diet now for 3 weeks,and I don't need to loose weight,I have a banging headache right now and am starving...I have cooked my meals every day from scratch without cheating on any thing,but right now I feel sick and so hungry...I just don't want to face another veg today,nor do I want to cook,I feel so down as the day has gone on,I don't feel right at all...I would love a Chinese ,I just had a glucose sweet because I feel shaky,I have eaten today,just feel rotton...xox

ne0h

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First off,Happy Easter to you all...I was told two weeks ago that I have Type 2...I am eating a low carb diet and I am really enjoying the new foods...I don't need to lose weight as I have lost 3stone before I was told about my Diebetes...I have an appointment on the 17th June with a clinic...I bought a new bike and ride it most days and really enjoy that to...I am not sure if I am entitled to a blood meter and strips from my doctor,but I shall ring them on Tuesday to find out,if not then I will buy from eBay...My doctor just said that I need to keep on my diet,and I don't have to cut out all sugar,I don't know what my readings were when the doctor got back my results,so I can't post about this...I have been reading through this wonderful site and have learnt so much...Alot of my concerns have been put to rest,so I just want to say a Huge thank you to everyone on this beautiful Easter morning...xox
I am not at all sure that I would say that I was "glad to be here". Personally, I wish I did not have diabetes. It is a good thing that you have lost some weight but I am concerned that you use a bicycle. Bike riders are a danger on the road and there are an untold number of fatal accidents each year. The boxer Gary Mason died following a bike accident and he was a real tough guy. If I were you, I would find a safer way of getting your daily exercise.

Reactions: 2 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am not at all sure that I would say that I was "glad to be here". Personally, I wish I did not have diabetes. It is a good thing that you have lost some weight but I am concerned that you use a bicycle. Bike riders are a danger on the road and there are an untold number of fatal accidents each year. The boxer Gary Mason died following a bike accident and he was a real tough guy. If I were you, I would find a safer way of getting your daily exercise.
ROFL there is nothing wrong with cycling on the roads with a little road awareness. Continue to cycle it is a great exercise

Reactions: 3 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

lol, wow! cycling is great exercise, i bet the death rate in general would drop dramatically if everyone who sits on their safe sofa went out cycling

Reactions: 5 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Thank you both...I have been doing this low carb diet now for 3 weeks,and I don't need to loose weight,I have a banging headache right now and am starving...I have cooked my meals every day from scratch without cheating on any thing,but right now I feel sick and so hungry...I just don't want to face another veg today,nor do I want to cook,I feel so down as the day has gone on,I don't feel right at all...I would love a Chinese ,I just had a glucose sweet because I feel shaky,I have eaten today,just feel rotton...xox

why are you hungry?????????? the best thing about LCHF is not being hungry! eat some nuts, or cheese or jelly and double cream, eat something, you dont need to go hungry, if your hungry you wont stick to it, no one could, your shaky feeling is probly a false hypo, basically your body is used to higher blood glucose and its now interpreting your lower number as being too low, this is actually a good sign that your doing it right, you shouldnt eat the glucose sweets, you have to ride it out, soon you will get used to the lower levels, think of it as a junky going cold turkey, you wouldnt give them a fix if they felt bad :) be strong your doing great :)

this is just my opinion im not medical :) as always feel free to ignore me

Reactions: 4 people

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Rosemary, I agree with Andy, I felt terrible for the first 3 weeks, although I didn't get the upset tummy with the Metformin it did make me feel very nauseous to start with. I find that if I ate some cheese, or some sugar free jelly and double cream, or even a coffee or two with double cream it does help with the hunger, if you fancy a chinese go for the dry pork spare ribs (no sauce) I had those the other day they are quite filling. Please don't give up it will get better you just have to give it a little time for your body to adjust.

I cook everything from scatch too, but I normally make lots so that I can freeze some in containers, and then I can just microwave it. If I make shepherds pie for example I freeze it without the potatoes. I make the potatoes fresh for my family and do some swede mashed with pepper and butter for me, to put on top and then shove it in the oven, it saves time and you don't feel like your slaving over the cooker every day.

It took me a little while to get to grips with it but I can eat the same as my family most of the time with small changes to suit my own needs. I am also no a LCHF diet.

You are doing really great Rosemary and its great that you are sharing your bad day with us so that we can help you to get through them with a little help and encouragement.

Marilyn xx

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
More fat may be what you need . I went low carb but forgot I needed energy. started to feel unwell and get headaches which ive never had before. had a fry up and bingo felt much better.
I may be saying bingo too often.
If only I could spell eureka

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Well I did have a Chinese,and I don't feel guilty,but I also had a good cry to my daughter,I feel so much better I am not going to give up,no way...I agree also with you that I need to have more fat in my diet,this is where I am going wrong,so tomorrow I am buying full fat cream,cheese and sugar free jelly...And I love the comment about going cold turkey and giving someone a fix,that makes science...I have ordered my self a nice little chest freezer so I can freeze my food,brill idea to...As for my bike rides,I don't ride on the road,I ride 2 miles around my local park,it's huge and beautiful,bike riding is something I shall carry on doing...Thank you so much for all your support,it means so much to me knowing I can post my feelings here may they be good or bad...You have all made me feel so much better...It can be a lonely road...Oh and one more thing,yes I am very glad am here,better then being alone in dark times...xox

Reactions: 5 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
what the other have said, do a calorie count on what your diet is, if you have cut carbs, you have to eat a variety of more fat
butter, olive oil, coconut oil, lard and duck fat are all good fats, go easy on the grain oils/fats and make sure none are trans
google 'fat bombs' for ideas on how to get a fat hit

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Thanks Jack...My cholesterol is down now from 9.2 to 5,so am worried about the fat part of the diet,but I know I need fat for energy,that's what is wrong,I wasn't getting any fats,but I will sort that today...xox