I'm really struggling...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You must have a special relationship with "The Doctor".
In all seriousness Doctor Who has helped me through a lot of tough times and I have met some amazing people through the show and they have helped me a great deal, more than my real life friends just due to the fact they cannot change their opinion on you when you open up to them...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I have been watching it for 50 years. Have missed the last couple of series though. Waiting for them to come back on.
Anything that helps is good. Any other faves?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been watching since the 9th Doctor, I will one day get around to watching them all.

I find that listening to music from musicals helps me as the lyrics aren't some degrading piece of rubbish, I have recently taken up an interest in Thor and in particularly Tom Hiddleston, through these "Fandoms" I have met loads of great people who have helped me along way since January...

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I have been watching since the 9th Doctor, I will one day get around to watching them all.

I find that listening to music from musicals helps me as the lyrics aren't some degrading piece of rubbish, I have recently taken up an interest in Thor and in particularly Tom Hiddleston, through these "Fandoms" I have met loads of great people who have helped me along way since January...

Cool I used to get the thor magazine a million years ago. You should try reading the norse version.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think you will have a wonderful time with a well worthwhile outcome. A real sense of achievement, My daughter went on a school trip to the Philippines with similar intent and had an audience with Cardinal Sin [his name still cracks me up]

Reactions: 2 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
after the initial resistance it is a lot easier to open up with a Dr or nurse. I think you will have a wonderful time with a well worthwhile outcome. A real sense of achievement, My daughter went on a school trip to the Philippines with similar intent and had an audience with Cardinal Sin [his name still cracks me up]
Yes I didn't believe it was a real person when I heard it.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
dam I'm blushing, when I realised I quickly edited my post, but obviously not quick enough
images

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
In all seriousness Doctor Who has helped me through a lot of tough times and I have met some amazing people through the show and they have helped me a great deal, more than my real life friends just due to the fact they cannot change their opinion on you when you open up to them...

Sounds like you have a great care team Katie, don't be too harsh on your friends as it's difficult for them to understand what it's like to live with diabetes. Enjoy your trip to Malawi and stay safe.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like you have a great care team Katie, don't be too harsh on your friends as it's difficult for them to understand what it's like to live with diabetes. Enjoy your trip to Malawi and stay safe.
I do the Diabetes Doctors and Nurses are great at the hospital I attend, I don't mean to be harsh but I have known most of my friends from before I had Diabetes and After it, but they are very caring and understanding about it all.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I do the Diabetes Doctors and Nurses are great at the hospital I attend, I don't mean to be harsh but I have known most of my friends from before I had Diabetes and After it, but they are very caring and understanding about it all.

That's good :)

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes

Is Capaldi any good?