question anyone,,im new

kaycee34

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
i been taking novolog 70/30 for three weeks now and now im getting all the symptoms of hypo. im having headaches,light headed,dizziness,ect..it only happens after i take my insulin. im eating after i take my insulin and yes, the insulin brought my blood sugar down from,365,380,263,225,...and now i average between 117-156. it help but i feel like ****. im really sacred if i keep taking it something might happen like pass out!! talked to my doctor 2day and she go down from 10 units twice a day to 8 twice a day..but i dont see her for another 2 weeks. i mean can i skip doses? or what can i do? pleases help..thinkin about going to E.R

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I wouldn't skip doses as that won't help. Are you keeping a food diary? How many times are you checking your blood sugars? Symptoms will improve but not overnight.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

mine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
kayce, whats your age? if you are young there are less worries on hypo, unless the use of insulin are not well regulated.

kaycee34

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
kayce, whats your age? if you are young there are less worries on hypo, unless the use of insulin are not well regulated.
im 34. i been takin it for three weeks..shouldn't my body be use to it now? i skip my dose lastnite and checked my blood sugar around 8:00am..it was 186..i ate breakfast and checked it at noon and its 156.. i feel great!! but missed lasnite dose and this morning dose..no bad symptoms..wat should i do now?

kaycee34

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I wouldn't skip doses as that won't help. Are you keeping a food diary? How many times are you checking your blood sugars? Symptoms will improve but not overnight.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App[/QUOTE i skip lastinte and this morning i checked it at 8

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
i dont keep a food dairy but im always checking my blood sugar. i skipped lastnite dose and this morning at 8:00am it was 186..i ate breakfast then around noon i checked itand it was 156..i feel great!!! i did some reading about insulin overdose and i had all those symptoms...what to do now hun?

kaycee34

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
im 34..i did do some reading about insulin overdose and i had all those symptoms..i feell great now since i skipped lastnight dose and this morning and sugar levels are normal..trying 2 figure out my next step

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I would go and talk to your Dr - maybe you don't need as much insulin as they've got you on? Sometimes the insulin will kick your own body into working better. As long as your sugars are ok.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
see your Dr but 117-156.is good control to what you had. your body can react to the new levels as if they were very low because you aren't use to them.
a true hypo is classed as 72 and below, so I would keep taking your meds

this link is well worth reading
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14045524.php

kaycee34

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
see your Dr but 117-156.is good control to what you had. your body can react to the new levels as if they were very low because you aren't use to them.
a true hypo is classed as 72 and below, so I would keep taking your meds

this link is well worth reading
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14045524.php
thanks alot!! but i dont see my dr. for another 2 weeks and when i did talk 2 her she said instead of 10 units..cut back to 8 units twice day..but the real killer is its making me sick!! headaches and all..:(

kaycee34

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I would go and talk to your Dr - maybe you don't need as much insulin as they've got you on? Sometimes the insulin will kick your own body into working better. As long as your sugars are ok.
thanks so much 4 the info..you guys really helped;)

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It won't hurt to back it off and let your BG rise for a couple of weeks if the side effects are too much. feeling ill isn't going to help you dealing with your "new friend"

Reactions: 3 people

mine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
when i was first diagnose , i was given metformin my fasting glucose goes 4.6 from 10.4 in 5 days. i have serious hypo symptom. i also found that i could not see things within 1m.

kaycee34

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It won't hurt to back it off and let your BG rise for a couple of weeks if the side effects are too much. feeling ill isn't going to help you dealing with your "new friend"
so nothing with happen if i just stop taking it? just till i see my dr. again?

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can's say nothing will happen, if your BG gets too high your body won't work properly and you can get very sick with DKA
keep an eye on your BG and report it to your Dr as you go, but reducing from 10 to 8 on your Dr advise because of side effects is the instructions you have. Personally as I said, back off till you can handle the side effects. I would then slowly increase it back by 0.5 every couple of days

mine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
if your blood glucose had a sudden fall by halves, then you body display so call false hypo it takes time for it to adjust itself. this symptoms are well recorded. if you think you should approach medical assistance. please do.