codefree strips at Amazon

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have previously got my codefree strips from home health at Amazon. Amazon don't appear to sell through them any more and have changed their criteria to 'yes I have diabetes'. They say if you are not diabetic please go to our other listing - there isn't one!

If I order direct from home health as a non diabetic the cost is much more than Amazon :( I am sure that I haven't previously been ordering from Amazon as a diabetic as I looked very carefully before ordering.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
click yes for the the I am diabetic option. It is simply a VAT issue. You are purchasing your own test strips to monitor your health, not to sell on to make money - in fact by controlling your diabetes (or keeping BG levels low) you are saving NHS/UK government money. Thus they should be thanking you, not expecting you to pay more on VAT………. rant over :)

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
click yes for the the I am diabetic option. It is simply a VAT issue. You are purchasing your own test strips to monitor your health, not to sell on to make money - in fact by controlling your diabetes (or keeping BG levels low) you are saving NHS/UK government money. Thus they should be thanking you, not expecting you to pay more on VAT………. rant over :)

Not wishing to rain on anyone's barbecue.

I wouldn't like to advise Aqualung on her course of action. I hadn't actually considered that grey-ish area for pre-diabetes. Unfortunately, to do as you suggest is strictly VAT fraud, by making a false declaration.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I wouldn't like to advise Aqualung on her course of action. I hadn't actually considered that grey-ish area for pre-diabetes. Unfortunately, to do as you suggest is strictly VAT fraud, by making a false declaration.

:( wonder if you can contact home and health direct, they seem to be a really good company based on interactions I have had with them.

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I liked scimamas post as she had replied to my post but not sure I could go ahead with it...

I think Amazon's original price was without VAT (although they didn't give the option of diabetic or not - or if they did I didn't see it) and they have realised this and changed their way of ordering. As far as I can see they don't offer the option to buy as a non diabetic.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:( wonder if you can contact home and health direct, they seem to be a really good company based on interactions I have had with them.

They are obliged to charge VAT or they are similarly committing fraud. They might offer a discount of some sort, but why should they? They have worked out their profit margin, and are, after all a commercial outfit, not a charity.

Being devils advocate here.

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

You can order from them directly but they are more expensive as a non diabetic. I don't think I will find as good a price as I paid on Amazon:( My other reason for using Amazon is to use vouchers from surveys to pay with

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only