Hot weather and extreme readings

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, cirrhosis, lymphoma, acronyms, green celery (because it's lazy), those computer programs that nag you night after night to download them and then, when you do, present reams of conditions and threats for you to accept before they'll run. DVDs that start with 5 minutes of threats - if I'd pirated it, then I'd surely leave those out.
I'm in the process of losing another 20 kilos. But am treating myself on my birthday. When I was a child (I grew up on a farm) I had a new pet pig every few years. I called them all "breakfast" which horrified the teacher at my primary school but amused my siblings all of whom had called their pigs things like "spot".
But I thought we lost weight here by cutting carbs. It's a more serious business if you're cutting carbs and cals.

A slice of back bacon has no carbs and is 52 cals if grilled. Fried takes it up to 84 cal (but still no carbs).

Last edited by a moderator:

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, cirrhosis, lymphoma, acronyms, green celery (because it's lazy), those computer programs that nag you night after night to download them and then, when you do, present reams of conditions and threats for you to accept before they'll run. DVDs that start with 5 minutes of threats - if I'd pirated it, then I'd surely leave those out.
Yesterday i had greek style yogurt with berries and a sausage for breakfast ,took it with my meds , and 2 hours later my blood sugars were the lowest they had been for weeks at 9.6 so by leaving out the toast i did see a vast difference :)
As I understand it we should aim for about 150 carbs a day to start. You can reduce it when you get confident if required.

The main problem with toast is that it's bread. A white medium sliced 800g loaf is about 17 carbs per slice, butter is free, just as chips stolen off someone else's plate are free of calories. Your Oat biscuits are about 14 carbs each = 28 plus milk 5 or perhaps 7.5 carbs and your oven chips - about 35 grams, 10 carbs. Total 62.5 carbs or thereabouts.

Where are you going to get the other 90 carbs?????

Oh yeh! More toast, yogurt, Weight Watchers - that'll do it... :)

gorillamark

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yesterday i had greek style yogurt with berries and a sausage for breakfast ,took it with my meds , and 2 hours later my blood sugars were the lowest they had been for weeks at 9.6 so by leaving out the toast i did see a vast difference :)
Now imagine them lower yet. You can do it - I should know because I did. Here's my current figures 30 day averages:

Average Fasting (when I wake up so the highest figures of the day) 5.2
Average before meal: 5.1
Average 2 hours after meal 5.2.
Average 5.5

That's going from figures like 15 before eating. And being constantly exhausted and feeling a bit ill all the time. It's also an average. There've been plenty of days in the last month when I've been very naughty so the figures for the last 30 days are actually a bit higher than they normally are.

Now of course it's different for everyone so I don't know what your figures will be but they'll be a hell of a lot better than they are now. Our problem is that our bodies can't handle starch and sugars properly anymore. So by drastically reducing or better yet eliminating them we can stop overloading our bodies. You'll be astonished at how WELL you feel after just a few a days. It really does feel like you've lost years off your age. The first steps can be hard, very hard, but believe me if I can do it so can you.

Last edited by a moderator: