I have type 1 diabetes and cannot lose weight

kimbowden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been going to the gym since end of March, the Doctor has also put me on Zenical, but I am not losing any weright even though I am watching what I eat

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum :)

Ask to see a dietitian and see if they can highlight where your going wrong, if your under the care of your hospital team you can do this through the clinic or you can ask your gp to refer you over.

JinTysmum

Were you prescribed zenical or did you buy the lower dose available over the counter? I used this drug shortly after it became available and did not lose weight but did develop liver problems as a side effect as did my young brother.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mojo_101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have problems losing as well. I have tried calorie control, then for a while now low carb,and now really low carb and high fat , I also cut out drinks. I just think that it can be very hard because it is not simple biologically. It's also easy to get obsessed if you are very motivated. My latest decision is to increase the exercise. You may be increasing muscle, which weighs more anyway and would help to burn energy. Do you have scales which tell you fat and muscle percentages? Have you tried anything else? Good luck!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Kim seems to have disappeared?

Loving life

Reactions: 2 people

Alice233

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you take insulin and need to lose weight, don't eat so many carbs and get some exercise.

You are not supposed to eat what you want and then take extra insulin to cover it. This CAUSES weight gain.

Just stick to a good healthy diet, watch your carbs and go walk every day for about 45 minutes.

Quit looking for the fast, easy way, that may put your health in great danger.

Learn to manage your disease the way you are supposed to.

DIET and medication and exercise.

Control is Cure.

Reactions: 2 people