Help! Driving me insane!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello all,

I've currently been getting drastic on my blood sugar levels after my highest ever hba1c at 10.3 scared me to death. I've always been no higher then 8 but usually get a 6.8 after my third pregnancy last year however it seems to I strained my body and had last effects. I was diagnosed with
Mody diabetics (inherited gene on my paternal fathers side ) and have been on glybencamide (other then when pregnant) until now I've stayed on insulin after this hba1c result through choice. Anyway lol I'm getting results between 4.1 and 7.0 throughout the entire day. By exercising and only eating 2 small portions of either omelette with asparagus and rocket or Caesar salad. I am starving throughout the day but the thought of leaving my children early or them seeing me with complications gets me through. I also drink a lot of green tea. However despite having nothing from 7pm I go to bed after my last reading which last night was 4.7 hoping to wake up to a great reading still but every morning when I awake I'm getting 10's !! Can someone help as I don't understand why? I'm not eating before bed and my readings are good so why is it so high when I wake up? Thank you x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Starving yourself is not a particularly good strategy because the longer you go without food, the more likely your liver is to decide you are too low and dump glucose into your blood.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It's not that I'm not eating though I an having 2 meals a day and green tea consistently. However am I not eating enough then and is this the reaction occurring? I can't win lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App