Dont feel my self!!

Amieepeex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bare in mind ive been diagnosed 7 months. A few weeks ago I went to the doctors after hours of throwing up I went to the doctors who said I had a water infection and sent me home within two hours I ended up in hospital with gastroenteritis, this isnt the only time my doctor has got it wrong even the nurses kept forgetting my diabetes while I was in hospital and to top it off I was discharge from my clinic after 3 sessions. Ive lost all care for my diabetes and I feel terrible in mind and definitely in body.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Do you mean the clinic have transferred you over to the care of your gp surgery for your diabetes checks?

If possible try and see another Dr in your gp surgery if your not happy change surgery's altogether, as a type 1 you are entitled to be seen on a regular basis for your diabetes and they should not have discharged you if your struggling with your control, ask your gp to refer you back over to the hospital clinic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Amieepeex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I went for my last appointment for my eye test the receptionist then said ive been discharged from the clinic with no explanation my doctor got in contact with the clinic who said back to the doctor weve tried to contact me for check ups and I can assure you they haven't, ive really lost trust in the professionals and I feel like I have no one else to talk to I feel like my gp is sick of seeing me and cant wait to get me out of his office

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I would ring the hospital diabetes clinic yourself and ask when they have tried to contact you, it might be possible they've been sending out letters to the wrong address, if you explain to them that you are struggling they should get you back into the clinic.

Whilst there, if your on a basal/bolus insulin regime ask about going on a carb counting course such as DAFNE, someone like you who has only been diagnosed a very short time would benefit from it immensely.

Reactions: 2 people

Amieepeex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I will give them a call tomorrow but i have asked them previously about dafne and they said I have to be diagnosed for a year before I can be put on it. People have mentioned it may be due to a honey moon phase but mine definitely passed months ago

Ghazalsabet81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bare in mind ive been diagnosed 7 months. A few weeks ago I went to the doctors after hours of throwing up I went to the doctors who said I had a water infection and sent me home within two hours I ended up in hospital with gastroenteritis, this isnt the only time my doctor has got it wrong even the nurses kept forgetting my diabetes while I was in hospital and to top it off I was discharge from my clinic after 3 sessions. Ive lost all care for my diabetes and I feel terrible in mind and definitely in body.

Sorry to hear. Also gotten dissapointed with my drs. It’s like we have to find out what our problem is and to tell them instead of having them figuring it out. And then we need to complain x10 and demand treatment. Anyways, regarding your diabetes. I have noticed that on days when I excersize (weights more than cardio) I feel so much better and my sugar is more stable too. Maybe you already train but thought i should share.... so train every day if you have the possibility. Good for body and mind!