Is there anything I should know...?

spriklett

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tofu
Ricotta...just can't swallow it
I'm off to the doc's tomorrow and I can almost guarantee he will want to start me on insulin. He suggested it last time but I managed to persuade him to delay it to see what my results would be this time, however try as I might (and I have), I just can't get the flippin' BS levels down sufficiently.

I have no knowledge of insulin and the various types avialble. Is there anything I should know so that I can go in tomorrow forearmed, e.g. ones to try and avoid etc?

Thanks

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not able to help, but hope someone comes along soon with the advice you need.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ideally, if you can manage, you will be looking to go on a slow acting basal/background only...........like Humlin M3 or Lantus for example.........both can be taken once or twice a day and are very good for most people....

managing this dose is a lot easier than the basal as well as a bolus where carb counting is required.........

depending on your needs though, a bolus insulin may be needed, but you want to avoid the bolus in the first instance......:)..........

good luck