Pre and post meal levels

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had lentils, sausages, green beans and a small piece of cake for my tea today. Pre meal my bs was 5.1. After 1 hour it was 7.7 and after 2 hours it was 5.3.

How should I view these results? The 7.7 is high but should I look at the 5.3 which is ok at 2 hours or is the 7.7 at 1 hour more important?

I am holiday staying at my pRents and have eaten more carbs and sugar than I would at home and it has really shown me how easy it could be to get back into bad habits. I have stuck mainly to lower carbs but previously would have had puddings every day and biscuits and cake during the day probably without realising how much I was eating. Even with the few extra carbs I have eaten I feel yuk and am sure my weight has gone up :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a great believer in the occasional treat, as it stops me from feeling deprived, now you know what you should be doing you know what you should be eating, its up to you to talk to your parents and explain what you can and can't eat to keep your numbers good, so you have no excuse to binge and whinge, your after eating numbers at I and 2 hrs are within limits.

A

AnnieC

I had lentils, sausages, green beans and a small piece of cake for my tea today. Pre meal my bs was 5.1. After 1 hour it was 7.7 and after 2 hours it was 5.3.

How should I view these results? The 7.7 is high but should I look at the 5.3 which is ok at 2 hours or is the 7.7 at 1 hour more important?

I am holiday staying at my pRents and have eaten more carbs and sugar than I would at home and it has really shown me how easy it could be to get back into bad habits. I have stuck mainly to lower carbs but previously would have had puddings every day and biscuits and cake during the day probably without realising how much I was eating. Even with the few extra carbs I have eaten I feel yuk and am sure my weight has gone up :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Is it really necessary for a prediabeitc to test after 1 hour as you would expect to have a higher level then your 2 hour was really good
For breakfast today I had two rashers of grilled bacon some grilled tomatoes and a poached egg and my 21/4 hour test...which I don't usually do... was 6.3 but I don't test all the time. I was starting to get obsessive about it I could not enjoy my food any more because I was worried all the time what the BG levels would be after it now I only test about once a day usually at my main evening meal and if I am down in the 6's post 2 hours then I am happy with that
You are on holiday have a few treats in moderation but does not mean you will fall off the wagon