just had a binge (couldnt help myself)

fatgirl1965

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who don't look after their pets
If you binge you have no right to whinge. you know what you should be doing and if you ignore it, its your own fault.
Thanks for those kind words of encouragement, just glad I don't live in your faultless world - it must be awfully lonely up there on that perch :angelic:

Reactions: 2 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Why can't you face the truth, if you pig out it's only you to blame, my world isn't faultless and I fall of the wagon but I don't go round boasting about it, and I'm happy to offer encouragement to anyone who genuinely deserves it, but your opening posting says it all.

fatgirl1965

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who don't look after their pets
Why can't you face the truth, if you pig out it's only you to blame, my world isn't faultless and I fall of the wagon but I don't go round boasting about it, and I'm happy to offer encouragement to anyone who genuinely deserves it, but your opening posting says it all.
Sorry, but I seem to have hit a bit of a nerve there! If you care to read my original post again - I wasn't blaming anyone else for my 'fall off the wagon' as you so kindly put it and I certainly wasn't whingeing. Having been diabetic for over 30 years I have certainly had plenty of time to 'face the truth', part of which is that everyone gives in to temptation sometimes. It definitely doesn't make us any less worthy or deserving. I regret that you did not accept my post in the light-hearted manner in which it was made but from the other replies received it would seem that I am not the only one who will no longer be in receipt of your 'encouragement'.

Reactions: 3 people

Boboheed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a big binge a week ago, I've always managed mini occasional binges with insulin doses but after this binge the next day I felt ill in my gut. I thought this might just be ketones as my kidneys ached and sugars were high. I noticed a high level of insulin resistance and since then, about 5 days now I've had a lot of trouble with my carb ratio and high blood sugars. E.g. At work I usually have cereal and 4-6 units and then have to top up with food after a few hours, now I've been having 12units with breakfast and still having high blood sugar when I test at work. Anyone experienced anything like this?! I think I maybe fried my pancreas :-S

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello, are you my mum by any chance?